Fic: " Losing You" (1/7) PG-13 [ Scott/Jean, Rogue, Logan, Storm]

  • neh@post10.tele.dk
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2000
      Hi all,
      My very bad computer eat all my stories so I`ll have to rewrite them all.
      This one I managed to save. Please tell me if it was worth it.
      Remember, english is not my first language.
      This is my first try at a action story. Please bear with me.
      Warning: Character Death!
      My e-mail address is
      neh@...
      feedback would be great ( hint, hint)

      On with the story:
      Losing You By Nadja Lee 24/11/00
      Disclaimer: “X-men” and all the characters here belong to Marvel , 20
      Century Fox and I intend no infringement, this is a piece of amateur fan
      fiction, and I make no money of it.
      Only the original idea contained within this work is the property of the
      author. Please do not copy this story to any website or archive without
      permission of the author.
      Timeline: Set after the movie
      Universe: Set in the movie universe. Only the movie NOT the book that goes
      with it!
      Pairing: Scott/Jean
      choose who is to live- Jean or…Rogue?
      Archiving: Want, ASK, take, have.
      Feedback: Yes, please. My e-mail address is neh@....
      Rating: PG-13
      Dedicated to: My sister’s favourite show, Angel. Hope you like!
      Author’s note: One of my first tries at a action story. Please, please
      be gentle with me. Also please note that this story is in no way connected
      to "“Touching you", “Holding you “, "“Needing You"” or “Finding
      You”
      Warning: Character Death!
      *mmmm * is telepathically thoughts spoken in the mind. “ mmmmm ” is
      spoken out loud.
      Part 1:
      “ I’m going to the mall to get a few things we need. You want to come?” Jean asked Rogue as she saw her sitting alone in the kitchen this
      Saturday morning. It was still early, 0832, so many in the Mansion wasn’t up
      yet. Jean was surprised that Rogue was awake considering that the students
      had held a party last night which had lasted till way past 0300. Poor
      Scott. He had been babysitting on the party and had first got to bed at 0500
      after clean up. When Jean had awoken at 0800, Scott had grunted sleepily at
      her and gone back to sleep.
      “ Sure” Rogue answered and got her cape. It had been a little over a
      month since her ordeal at the Statue and to her joy Logan had returned last
      night. Really bad timing with the party and all, something that Scott also
      had complained about but he had been as happy to see their friend as the
      rest of them. Maybe more since Logan had bought his beloved motorcycle back.
      She had tried to fit in with the other students at the school but it was
      hard. Scott had talked with them and explained her mutation for them, saying
      they should be kind to her as he hadn’t missed that almost all had
      avoided her since she had touched Logan in his room. Kitty had been the first to
      approach her since then and after that the other students had soon
      followed. She had tried to opened up to the teachers but Logan´s distaste in
      authorities which still sat in her, made it difficult. Especially with Scott.
      Through Logan´s feelings she knew he didn’t hate the other man, but
      disagreed heavily on his methods and visa versa. She wished she had the courage
      to approach Scott and talk with him to get to know him better. She
      sometimes felt like he had built a prison up around himself through his inability
      to really see other people. Sometimes she thought she saw the real Scott,
      afraid to be alone, so desperate to be loved and yet so strong and
      self-sacrificing, the latter two qualities he displayed time and time again on
      missions and in his daily life.
      “ Here we are,” Jean said and parked the car. So early where they that
      there were no others near by. Rogue liked Jean, but maybe that was a
      leftover from Logan as well as she hardly knew the woman. Rogue and Jean existed
      the car and walked towards the mall, through the large parking place.
      Suddenly Jean stopped. Rogue stopped too and looked puzzled at her.
      “ Someone’s here. Someone with hate on their mind. Hate and…” Her
      eyes winded. “ murder!”
      “ What? Where???” Rogue asked confused and looked around. All she saw
      was a old woman coming towards them, her steeps unsure. “ Her???” Rogue
      asked disbelieving and nodded to the old woman.
      “ No, but close by” Jean whispered to Rogue as she scanned the area.
      She still wasn’t very trained in using her telepathical powers so it was
      hard for her to locate the source of the thoughts and feelings she was
      getting.
      “ Can you help a old woman to the entrance, child?” The woman asked
      pleasantly to Rogue, her hand shaking as she pointed to the entrance.
      Rogue’s eyes softened. She missed her own grandmother at home. She hadn’t seen
      her since all this started.
      “ Of cause. Here, let me guide you.” Rogue offered the woman her arm
      which she gratefully took and they started walking towards the mall.
      * Something is not right. Stay alert * Jean’s voice rang in Rogue’s
      head.
      * What can she do? Hit me with her cane?* Rogue thought back a little
      amused. She had barely thought it before she felt a familiar sting in her back
      and as she lost consciousness and fell down she thought, hoping Jean would
      hear it:
      * Like Magneto did….It’s a trap…get….away...warn…..* As before
      she almost immediately lost consciousness.
      “ Rogue!” Jean yelled as she saw her fall down and heard her thoughts.
      Before her eyes the old woman transformed into a beautiful blue woman.
      “ Mystique!” Jean hissed and used her telekinesis to tear up a lamp
      and throw it towards the other woman. Mystique neatly docked it and came at
      her. Jean involuntary backed away and…right into Sabretooth`s arms.
      “ I always wanted a redhead!” He growled.
      * Professor, hear me! We are in trouble. Help us. Sabretooth….” She
      had been so concerned about what Sabretooth might do that she had overlooked
      Mystique who gave her the same injection in the back as Rogue. She promptly
      lost consciousness.