META: New to comic fanfic? Here's help...

  • Kielle !
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      (Thanks to Angel for answering that question about slash/het
      on the Mutant High list, BTW -- very kind of her. :)

      If it helps, I have an extensive (as in HUGE) glossary of
      terms, slang, abbreviations, conventions, injokes, etc. often
      seen in comic fanfic (and in some other fandoms -- these
      words do migrate!) at

      http://www.subreality.com/cfan/terms.htm

      Some of the injokes are totally unnecessary, of course, but
      I think there's enough commonly-used "meat" in there to make
      it a handy guide for any fanficcer. Please feel free to
      bookmark it or to suggest additions -- the page constantly
      shifts as the "lingo" evolves, and I'm working on the December
      edition as we speak. My goal is to make this list bigger
      and more comprehensive than any other fanfic glossary out
      there -- and when I set out to do something like that, you
      better believe it happens! <G>

      Hoping to help some of our newer friends and save questions
      in future (not that there's *anything* wrong with asking, of
      course! :),
      .-=K=-.