Re: not sure if this has been asked or not?

  • npk1@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
      I was surprised when so many people posted that they were confused by
      the line.

      Cyclops' first line clearly indicates that if he didn't trust Jean
      not to fool around on him, he wouldn't be involved with her. She
      isn't some possession that can be acquired and reacquired. I actually
      liked this line a lot and think it was a positive reflection on her--
      and him.

      The second line was typical alpha-male behavior--I may trust her, but
      I don't trust you. And you shouldn't even consider an attempt at
      encroaching upon my territory. (Kind of like those signs in New York
      that say "Don't even think of parking here.")

      I haven't checked my copy of the movie to confirm the suppositions
      I've read on some of the newsgroups, but if Jean was wearing an
      engagement ring, you have to admit that it's kind of insulting to
      openly go after someone else's fiance.

      I thought the scene was pretty stereotypical screenwriting for this
      type of situation.

      Cheers,

      N.P. Kraus

      --- Marie Darkholme <rogue_darkholme@h...>
      wrote:

      Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
      out over the idiocy of

      Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
      girl?"

      Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"

      blah blah blah

      Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"

      What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol

      Sorry

      Anne