Fic: (okay, not actually fic, more like...poem *G*) Mutants (1/1)

  • Sorcieré
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2000
      Disclaimer: I + Don't own = Marvel + Don't sue
      (yes, I know there isn't much in this one they could sue me for,
      but
      just to be safe...*G*)
      Feedback: I'm not gonna beg. I'm not gonna beg. I'm –
      Ah, screw it!
      Feedback please? Pretty please??
      Mail it to: Hack_heaven@...
      To Nadja – girl, this one's for you.
      (okay, I know this is a fanfic board...but isn't this a kind of
      fanfic, too? No?)

      The Mutants
      By Helene Sorcieré

      People are quick to condemn us.
      We're outsiders, often called `freak'.
      We are like no other there ever was
      Yet co-existence is all that we seek.

      You humans are scared we might hurt you.
      You fear we will just wipe you out.
      Did it ever occur that you hurt us too?
      Accusations, the rage of the crowd.

      You see us as many, and not as the few,
      For uncommon ones we truly are.
      Did you ever consider we're fewer than you?
      So rare, and between us there's far.

      You say we're a danger, something to fear.
      Yet most of our powers can't harm you.
      You won't understand us, afraid to come near
      Afraid to find that we're human, too.