Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] not sure if this has been asked or not?

  • Kate Bolin
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
      Siubhan wrote:

      >On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Alyx Alexandre wrote:
      >
      >> Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
      >> out over the idiocy of
      >>
      >> Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
      >> girl?"
      >>
      >> Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"
      >>
      >> blah blah blah
      >>
      >> Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"
      >>
      >> What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol
      >
      >It's macho posturing. Cyke first brags that his girlfriend can take care
      >of herself and that she's devoted to him, then as he's leaving, tosses out
      >that macho bullshit line just to prove that he's willing to kick Wolvie's
      >ass if it becomes an issue.
      >
      >It's a guy thing. That's why you didn't get it.

      It's also the stuff slash is *made* for....all that macho posturing and trying to prove which one is better...

      kate
      always a fan of the slash. oh yes indeedy.
      --
      "Yeah, yeah, no one likes me, I'm the Great Satan of fanfic,
      I suspect there'll be a jihad soon enough...*yawn*"
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
        I was surprised when so many people posted that they were confused by
        the line.

        Cyclops' first line clearly indicates that if he didn't trust Jean
        not to fool around on him, he wouldn't be involved with her. She
        isn't some possession that can be acquired and reacquired. I actually
        liked this line a lot and think it was a positive reflection on her--
        and him.

        The second line was typical alpha-male behavior--I may trust her, but
        I don't trust you. And you shouldn't even consider an attempt at
        encroaching upon my territory. (Kind of like those signs in New York
        that say "Don't even think of parking here.")

        I haven't checked my copy of the movie to confirm the suppositions
        I've read on some of the newsgroups, but if Jean was wearing an
        engagement ring, you have to admit that it's kind of insulting to
        openly go after someone else's fiance.

        I thought the scene was pretty stereotypical screenwriting for this
        type of situation.

        Cheers,

        N.P. Kraus

        --- Marie Darkholme <rogue_darkholme@h...>
        wrote:

        Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
        out over the idiocy of

        Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
        girl?"

        Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"

        blah blah blah

        Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"

        What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol

        Sorry

        Anne