Re: [xmenmoviefanfic] not sure if this has been asked or not?

  • Alyx Alexandre
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2000
      --- Marie Darkholme <rogue_darkholme@...>
      wrote:

      Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
      out over the idiocy of

      Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
      girl?"

      Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"

      blah blah blah

      Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"

      What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol

      Sorry

      Anne

      Hey Anne!

      I wondered about that line myself because it didn't
      make any sense. It sounds like Scott said that Jean
      isn't his girl. Oh well, when it comes to male
      posturing good sense hardly prevails.

      For slashers it meant that Scott was telling Logan in
      a very veiled way that he was available ;->!

      =====
      Alyx Alexandre http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/padders

      "C'mon,what's da matter? Scared ya might like it?" Wolverine to Jean

      "Guess dere's no rest for the wicked-lookin'" Gambit to Nightcrawler

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/
    • Siubhan
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
        On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Alyx Alexandre wrote:

        > Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
        > out over the idiocy of
        >
        > Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
        > girl?"
        >
        > Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"
        >
        > blah blah blah
        >
        > Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"
        >
        > What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol

        It's macho posturing. Cyke first brags that his girlfriend can take care
        of herself and that she's devoted to him, then as he's leaving, tosses out
        that macho bullshit line just to prove that he's willing to kick Wolvie's
        ass if it becomes an issue.

        It's a guy thing. That's why you didn't get it.

        -Siubhan

        layla@... / siubhan@... / http://www.siubhan.com

        Gore: I'm my own man. I may not be the most exciting
        politician, but I will fight for the working families of
        America, in addition to turning the White House into a lusty
        pit of marital love for Tipper and me. - Debate Transcript #3
      • Kate Bolin
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
          Siubhan wrote:

          >On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Alyx Alexandre wrote:
          >
          >> Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
          >> out over the idiocy of
          >>
          >> Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
          >> girl?"
          >>
          >> Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"
          >>
          >> blah blah blah
          >>
          >> Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"
          >>
          >> What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol
          >
          >It's macho posturing. Cyke first brags that his girlfriend can take care
          >of herself and that she's devoted to him, then as he's leaving, tosses out
          >that macho bullshit line just to prove that he's willing to kick Wolvie's
          >ass if it becomes an issue.
          >
          >It's a guy thing. That's why you didn't get it.

          It's also the stuff slash is *made* for....all that macho posturing and trying to prove which one is better...

          kate
          always a fan of the slash. oh yes indeedy.
          --
          "Yeah, yeah, no one likes me, I'm the Great Satan of fanfic,
          I suspect there'll be a jihad soon enough...*yawn*"
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
            I was surprised when so many people posted that they were confused by
            the line.

            Cyclops' first line clearly indicates that if he didn't trust Jean
            not to fool around on him, he wouldn't be involved with her. She
            isn't some possession that can be acquired and reacquired. I actually
            liked this line a lot and think it was a positive reflection on her--
            and him.

            The second line was typical alpha-male behavior--I may trust her, but
            I don't trust you. And you shouldn't even consider an attempt at
            encroaching upon my territory. (Kind of like those signs in New York
            that say "Don't even think of parking here.")

            I haven't checked my copy of the movie to confirm the suppositions
            I've read on some of the newsgroups, but if Jean was wearing an
            engagement ring, you have to admit that it's kind of insulting to
            openly go after someone else's fiance.

            I thought the scene was pretty stereotypical screenwriting for this
            type of situation.

            Cheers,

            N.P. Kraus

            --- Marie Darkholme <rogue_darkholme@h...>