Fic: An Odd Sence of Deja Vu--Rogue 2/2

  • groovekat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2000
      Author: Kitty
      Title: An Odd Sense of Déjà vu--Rogue
      Part- 1of 2
      Pairing: Wolverine/Rogue non-romantic
      Rating: Hmm.. I'd say R to be safe. There is some adult content, but no
      Disclaimer: -sigh- none of it's mine. None I tell you. All belong to Marvel
      comics and 20th Century Fox. Big meanies. At least they don't mind sharing!
      Wolverine were in the bar. What if the tables were turned and it was Rogue
      being attacked?
      Feedback: The third most vital thing in my life! (the first two being Jesus
      and Midol)
      Notes-I couldn't get the exact dialogue to what the announcer said when
      introducing Wolverine, but thanks to Jaded and her 9 year old for helping me
      out! (good idea about the tape recorder by the way)

      "What the.." She heard him gasp a few feet from her. She heard a snarl and
      the man groaned as someone barreled into him. She was breathing so hard she
      couldn't quite hear the fight, and didn't have the strength to get up. A few
      seconds later two strong hands hauled her up.

      "Get into the bar." A low, gruff voice demanded. Her cloak, hanging slackly
      from her hand was wrapped around her.

      "Wha…" The light snowing had turned into a near blizzard and she couldn't
      see the mans face.

      "Go." He growled shoving her none too gently. She stumbled in the direction
      of the bar lights. Her mind drifted and her sight failed her many times, but
      she made it to the door. She didn't dare look to her left to see if the man
      was there. She stumbled into the bar and slid down the wall into one dark
      corner. She place was still in full swing, and no one seemed to notice her
      entrance. The use of her powers must have drained her. That was her last
      thought before she fell into a dark sleep.

      Rogue awoke what seemed like an eternity later. She shivered, wrapping her
      damp cloak more securely around her. She got up slowly, her sore legs
      screaming in protest. The bar had cleared for the most part, only a few
      people remained, playing pool, passed out, or watching the TV She walked
      unsteadily to the bar and sat down, rubbing a hand over her face. Her
      hand….she looked in horror at her bare hands and arms. She scrambled off the
      stool and looked around wildly. She ran over to the cabinet where she had put
      her bag and opened it. She grabbed her knap sack and rummaged through it,
      finding another pair of long gloves.

      "Hey! What are you doing over there!" The man behind the car called.

      "I..I.. just put..put my bag in here earlier." She said slowly, walking
      back over.

      He glared at her. "This ain't no storage house. You carry your own stuff."

      "Y-yes sir." She mumbled. She looked outside, wondering if she could walk
      to the next bar. Rogue bit her lip, and decided it wouldn't be a good idea.
      She saw the man who had given her a ride here asleep on a couch, maybe she
      would ask him for a ride to where ever he was going next.

      "You want anything. You look to young to drink." The bartender asked

      "Just…water please." He snorted in disapproval and ran her some tap water.
      She sipped it slowly and pulled on her gloves, trying to recall what had
      happened. Someone had helped her, was it Wolverine? She couldn't remember his
      face, just the low growl of his voice in her ear. She shivered and eyed a
      jarful of money labeled 'Tipping is not a city in China.' Hunger, which had
      been gnawing at her for days, was finally erupting. She didn't know the value
      of Canadian money, but she knew it would be enough to get a soda and a
      several bags of Salt and Vinegar chips. She looked longingly at the jar.

      "You want something new? Stick to water." The bartender said, moving the
      jar safely away. Rogue blushed and looked down.

      Rogue looked up and saw Wolverine pull up a chair and throw some money on
      the counter. Had he helped her? She looked at his clothes, they didn't seem
      wet…although it must've been at least a couple hours ago. He caught her
      staring at him and gave her a dark look, chewing on his cigar. Rogue gulped
      and looked down.

      "…everything from global weather to the new mutant population…" The words
      drowned out as Rogue started at the screen in horror. Where was she going to
      go? Everyone knew about people like her, it would only be time before someone
      found out and she was put away. That law, she had heard her parents talking
      about it. Everyone she knew thought it was a good idea. Someone tapped her on
      the back and she turned around. Two men, one of the guys that had followed
      Stan out, were looking at her. "You owe me something girl."

      "I..I don't know what you're talking about." She glanced at Wolverine but
      he was staring at his beer, his first was clenched tightly around the bottle.

      "No man passes out from a touch. All you did was grab his hand and he
      clear passed out." The man said, his voice raising.

      "C'mon, he was just drunk." His friend said, pulling his shoulder.

      "No, drunk people don't scream before they pass out."

      "I didn't do anything." Rogue whispered. "He attacked me."

      The man leaned closer. "I know what you are freak." Rogue froze as a
      switchblade appeared in his hand. Before she could scream she heard
      Wolverines beer bottle shatter and the man was pulled off of her. She turned
      and saw Wolverine slam the man against the wall. The knife flailed wildly and
      embedded itself into Wolverines' side. He growled, and yanked the knife out,
      sending it clattering to the floor. The man kicked him in the groin and
      pushed him away. Wolverine held onto the mans jacket and shoved him into the
      wall again with one hand, while holding his fist out a foot from the mans
      neck. Rogue watched in fascination as four deadly blades ripped from
      Wolverines skin and surrounded his neck, one pressing lightly into his
      jugular. The bartender held a shot gun Rogue had not seen him get, against
      Wolverines head.

      "Get out of my bar freak." Wolverine turned slightly and paused before
      swinging one hand behind him, cutting the knife into two. He stepped back,
      glaring at the two terrified men and walked out of the bar, not sparing Rogue
      a glance. Rogue looked wide eyed at the two men and then at Wolverines
      retreating form. She hesitated for a moment, experiencing an odd sense of
      deja vu and then hurried after him.

      And the rest we all know…… if you liked this then maybe I'll do the same
      thing from Wolverines POV. Thanx for reading!