not sure if this has been asked or not?

  • chad703@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 28, 2000
      When all of the xmen were in the statue of liberty and they were
      telling Magneto about the Senator dying and he says something like
      "Are you sure what you saw"....does anyone know what that means?????
    • Marie Darkholme
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 28, 2000

        maybe it's 4 the sequel?  I really don't know.  I mean they have to have ideas for the sequel even though there's no script yet.

        ... perhaps referring to Mystique's later portrayal? Though he wouldn't have known about that.

        Another line to scream about LOL  I usually just freak out over the idiocy of

        Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer girl?"

        Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"

        blah blah blah

        Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"

        What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol

        Sorry

        Anne

        >When all of the xmen were in the statue of liberty and they were
        >telling Magneto about the Senator dying and he says something like
        >"Are you sure what you saw"....does anyone know what that means?????

      • Siubhan
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 28, 2000
          On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 chad703@... wrote:

          > When all of the xmen were in the statue of liberty and they were
          > telling Magneto about the Senator dying and he says something like
          > "Are you sure what you saw"....does anyone know what that means?????

          I'll leave a little spoiler space...

          Time
          go
          work,
          work
          all
          night,
          stealing
          underpants
          hey!
          We
          won't
          stop
          until
          we
          have
          underpants,
          tum
          tum
          tilly
          tum
          tay
          !

          That means the Senator isn't really dead.

          -Siubhan

          layla@... / siubhan@... / http://www.siubhan.com

          Gore: I'm my own man. I may not be the most exciting
          politician, but I will fight for the working families of
          America, in addition to turning the White House into a lusty
          pit of marital love for Tipper and me. - Debate Transcript #3
        • Joanne Van Vranken
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2000
            >Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer girl?"

            >Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"

            >blah blah blah

            >Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"

            >What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol

            >Sorry

            >Anne

            Macho posturing! Pure macho posturing :-)

          • Alyx Alexandre
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 29, 2000
              --- Marie Darkholme <rogue_darkholme@...>
              wrote:

              Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
              out over the idiocy of

              Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
              girl?"

              Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"

              blah blah blah

              Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"

              What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol

              Sorry

              Anne

              Hey Anne!

              I wondered about that line myself because it didn't
              make any sense. It sounds like Scott said that Jean
              isn't his girl. Oh well, when it comes to male
              posturing good sense hardly prevails.

              For slashers it meant that Scott was telling Logan in
              a very veiled way that he was available ;->!

              =====
              Alyx Alexandre http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/padders

              "C'mon,what's da matter? Scared ya might like it?" Wolverine to Jean

              "Guess dere's no rest for the wicked-lookin'" Gambit to Nightcrawler

              http://shopping.yahoo.com/
            • Siubhan
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
                On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Alyx Alexandre wrote:

                > Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
                > out over the idiocy of
                >
                > Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
                > girl?"
                >
                > Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"
                >
                > blah blah blah
                >
                > Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"
                >
                > What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol

                It's macho posturing. Cyke first brags that his girlfriend can take care
                of herself and that she's devoted to him, then as he's leaving, tosses out
                that macho bullshit line just to prove that he's willing to kick Wolvie's
                ass if it becomes an issue.

                It's a guy thing. That's why you didn't get it.

                -Siubhan

                layla@... / siubhan@... / http://www.siubhan.com

                Gore: I'm my own man. I may not be the most exciting
                politician, but I will fight for the working families of
                America, in addition to turning the White House into a lusty
                pit of marital love for Tipper and me. - Debate Transcript #3
              • Kate Bolin
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
                  Siubhan wrote:

                  >On Wed, 29 Nov 2000, Alyx Alexandre wrote:
                  >
                  >> Another line to scream about LOL I usually just freak
                  >> out over the idiocy of
                  >>
                  >> Wolvie: "You gonna tell me to stay away from yer
                  >> girl?"
                  >>
                  >> Cyke: "If I had to do that she wouldn't be my girl"
                  >>
                  >> blah blah blah
                  >>
                  >> Cyke: "Oh and logan... stay away from my girl"
                  >>
                  >> What the hell does THAT mean?!?!?! lol
                  >
                  >It's macho posturing. Cyke first brags that his girlfriend can take care
                  >of herself and that she's devoted to him, then as he's leaving, tosses out
                  >that macho bullshit line just to prove that he's willing to kick Wolvie's
                  >ass if it becomes an issue.
                  >
                  >It's a guy thing. That's why you didn't get it.

                  It's also the stuff slash is *made* for....all that macho posturing and trying to prove which one is better...

                  kate
                  always a fan of the slash. oh yes indeedy.
                  --
                  "Yeah, yeah, no one likes me, I'm the Great Satan of fanfic,
                  I suspect there'll be a jihad soon enough...*yawn*"
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
                    I was surprised when so many people posted that they were confused by
                    the line.

                    Cyclops' first line clearly indicates that if he didn't trust Jean
                    not to fool around on him, he wouldn't be involved with her. She
                    isn't some possession that can be acquired and reacquired. I actually
                    liked this line a lot and think it was a positive reflection on her--
                    and him.

                    The second line was typical alpha-male behavior--I may trust her, but
                    I don't trust you. And you shouldn't even consider an attempt at
                    encroaching upon my territory. (Kind of like those signs in New York
                    that say "Don't even think of parking here.")

                    I haven't checked my copy of the movie to confirm the suppositions
                    I've read on some of the newsgroups, but if Jean was wearing an
                    engagement ring, you have to admit that it's kind of insulting to
                    openly go after someone else's fiance.

                    I thought the scene was pretty stereotypical screenwriting for this
                    type of situation.

                    Cheers,

                    N.P. Kraus

                    --- Marie Darkholme <rogue_darkholme@h...>