FIC: (1/1) Sometimes it sucks to be Bobby Drake (PG)

  • Scorpio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2000
      Title: Sometimes it sucks to be Bobby Drake
      Author: Scorpio
      eMail: scorpio71@...
      Archive: Yes please.

      Fandom: X-Men (the movie)
      Pairing: None (Bobby)
      Rating: PG (minor language)
      Category: humor (sorta), vignette

      Notes: Some of you may have seen this on another list. Sorry for any
      x-posting.

      Disclaimer: I make no money nor to I own anything of value...
      especially Bobby and Scott...

      humor about things?... me too

      *******************
      Sometimes it sucks to be Bobby Drake...
      by Scorpio
      *******************

      HHICK-UUP

      ::feels cheeks heating up in a deep blush - tries to throw causal
      grin out at sea of giggling faces::

      Oh. My. God. I can not believe I just did that in the middle of a
      French test! I'm gonna *die* of embarrassment. I swear I will. Not
      only am I destined to totally flunk outta this class, I'm gonna do it
      lookin' like a fool as well as an idiot. Just great!

      ::glances back down at test paper - cringes - barely stifles groan::

      Ahhhhh *man*! Well *this* sucks!

      How in the world did I freeze my test paper to the freakin' desk?! I
      *swear* I didn't mean to! I mean... what would be the point? Even if I
      managed to *thaw* it out, it'd be all soggy and ruined.

      ::peers up at Mr. Summers from beneath blonde bangs::

      Great! Now I gotta tell him I need a new test paper. He'll be mad, the
      other kids'll be laughing, and I'll *still* fail the stupid thing.

      HHICK-UUP

      ::belatedly covers mouth with hand in surprise while fellow students
      begin to quietly giggle - receives red lens covered glare from
      teacher::

      No. Nononono. This is *not* happening. I'm obviously stuck in a
      nightmare. Okay Bob-O... time to wake up.

      ::looks down at desk again - groans out loud this time::

      Shit! Shit! Shit! I froze my *pencil*!

      Oh man do I not wanna be me right now...

      "Is there a problem Mr. Drake?"

      ::looks up at Mr. Summers and feels self blush bright red::

      "Um... Well, actually I, um..."

      HHICK-UUP

      ::stares in horror as globe on Mr. Summers desk suddenly freezes
      solid::

      "Hmmmm... I see."

      Can a person die from embarrassment? Part of me kinda hopes so... that
      would put an end to this at least...

      What's worse? The kids that think this is funny and are laughing at
      me... or the kids who are trying *not* to let me see the pity on
      their faces? I'm not sure... and right now I don't really care, I
      just wanna be someplace else.

      "Um... Mr. Summers? Can I go get a drink from the water fountain?"

      "Yes. I think that's..."

      HHICK-UUP

      "...a good idea."

      Oh. My. God. Mr. Summers *coffee*!!! I am *so* dead!

      I hate French! I hate tests! I hate having the freakin' *hick-cups*!

      ::quickly stands up and dashes out of classroom and heads for the
      water fountain::

      Maybe if I pass this off as being funny? A joke?...

      End: Sometimes it sucks to be Bobbie Drake

      scorpio71@...
      thesleepydragon.com/nesting/scorpio.html