6454[xmmff] Days of Becoming Chapter 25 (Pyro/Iceman fic) Mature

  • Talktooloose
    Oct 19, 2008
      TITLE: Days of Becoming, Chapter 25 - "Revenge of the Red Widow"
      AUTHOR: Talktooloose
      'VERSE: X-Men movieverse
      WARNINGS: Explicit sex, swearing, dubious pedagogy
      BETAs: mofic and lux_apollo. Thanks for questioning me in all the right ways.
      DISCLAIMERS: Marvel and 20th Century own the X-Men, I own my original
      characters, and we have joint custody of the children.

      SERIES SUMMARY: This novel focuses mainly on the paths Iceman and
      Pyro take on their way to adulthood and how they discover and deal
      with their love for each other. It is a novel about what Joni
      Mitchell calls "the dream's malfunction" and how we can learn to make
      our own dreams when our heroes fail us. Other X characters (including
      ones from comicverse and elsewhere) and OC's play prominent roles and
      the action begins before X1, continues through the events of X2 and
      X3 and concludes in the aftermath of that movie.

      PREVIOUSLY IN DAYS OF BECOMING: Mike and Andi's mutant youth tour
      comes together, with a launch party planned at the mansion. Acclaimed
      mutant trip-hop performer, The Dazzler has agreed to join the tour.
      Meanwhile, John's life has started to lose its stable foundations.
      Everything he thought he had is slipping away. Bobby and Rogue are
      growing closer, and Xavier has told him he can't submit his poems to
      a journal as this could bring the authorities down on him and the
      whole school. Bobby, for his part, is drawn to the normalcy of having
      a girlfriend and terrified to be associated in any way with John who
      seems not to care if he's perceived as queer. After John reads a
      homoerotic poem in class, Bobby asks Rogue to be his official
      girlfriend.

      I LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU. Please use the comments link at the end of
      the chapter to bring you back here or drop me email to talktooloose
      CAT toothdemon FRAUGHT net. That oughta fool the spambots for now.

      <http://toothdemon.net/ttl/fanfic/dob/chapter25.html>Here's the chapter!

      <http://toothdemon.net/ttl/fanfic/dob/>Here's the DOB homepage for
      earlier chapters!