6213FIC: What's Past is Prologue, Series Information

  • Mo
    Jul 18, 2005
      Series Title: What’s Past is Prologue

      Author: Mo

      Characters and Pairings: Various characters appear in
      this series, both canon and original. The main
      pairings are Scott/Logan, Jean-Paul/OMC, and a
      heterosexual couple who are both OCs.

      Rating: This series is intended for an adult
      readership. It contains graphic descriptions of
      sexual activity and deals with adult relationships and

      Charles Xavier dies. Will echoes of the past impair
      their ability to move ahead?

      Format: A story series of 18 stories. Total length
      is about 50,000 words. I’ll be posting one story a
      day to mailing lists and to my livejournal.

      Scenario/Sequel: X1 Movieverse, although much has
      happened since the movie. This series was written
      well after X2, but does not attempt to include the
      events portrayed in that film. I attempt only to be
      consistent with the first movie and my previous

      What’s Past is Prologue begins two months after the
      events depicted in A Time to Every Purpose. In my
      timeline, the “not so distant future” of the movie is
      the year 2006. This series takes place during the
      summer of 2012.

      Brief biographies of the main characters, both canon
      and original, are available on my website, to make it
      easier for those coming in well into the story. They
      can be found at:

      The characters, situations and events in What's Past
      is Prologue are consistent with those portrayed in my
      previous stories and series:
      Anything Can Happen
      I Know What You Are
      We’re Not What You Think
      Canadian Nights
      What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been
      Night and Day
      Foreign Correspondence
      Adult Education
      Continuing Education
      Safe House
      Different from All Other Nights
      Chips Cashed In
      Taking Chances
      Unexpected Occurrences
      Reminiscences (available at
      A Time for Every Purpose (available at

      All but the most recent of these can be found, with
      illustrations of characters and locations, at
      www.angelfire.com/comics/mo. Later fiction can be
      read on my livejournal:
      www.livejournal.com/users/mofic, with specific urls as
      indicated above. My website is under reconstruction.
      All stories will be on the reconstructed version, with
      illustrations. I’m working on it, really. I just
      have to stop writing fiction long enough to do it.

      Note on Character Origins: As covered in some of my
      previous fiction, my version of Cyclops has neither
      the origin story of the comic books nor that the movie
      novelization. His back story is one of my own
      devising. It is covered extensively in Canadian
      Nights, Commencement and Chips Cashed In, and is
      revisited and expanded upon here. Charles Xavier’s
      origin story is covered in somewhat greater detail in
      this series than has been shown in my fiction thus
      far. It is, as well, a story of my own invention. I
      believe it to be consistent with what is shown of him
      in the movie, but it does not follow comics canon.

      Disclaimer: The X-Men and Alpha Flight belong to
      Marvel. The movie belongs to Fox. Adam, Miriam,
      Anjuli, Rick, Wendy, Jake, RoseAnn, Jamie, Babies Hank
      and Ezra, and assorted other characters are the
      products of my fevered imagination. Scott and Logan
      feel a little bit like they're mine, too, since I've
      been borrowing them for so long.

      Feedback: Oh, yes! I love feedback. Direct all
      comments to mogbrg@...

      Archiving: Sure, just ask. Alternative file formats
      available upon request.

      Additional Information: Most of my characters – as
      Magneto points out in the movie – live in a school.
      My version of Cyclops is an English teacher and tends
      to think in literary terms about events around him.
      Consequently, my fiction includes a lot of literary
      quotes and allusions. It has been my practice to
      publish a literature guide providing supplemental
      information on literature quoted in each series, along
      with URLs for the complete works, if available. The
      guide for What's Past is Prologue will be posted after
      the stories themselves. It contains spoilers so
      should be read after the series. As is my occasional
      practice, the file contains information not only on
      literature referenced but also on some issues raised
      in the series.

      Acknowledgements: Thanks to my very helpful and
      insightful betas - CEA, SLM, Ann Marie, and Kay – for
      sticking with me on this one and offering many
      suggestions for improvement, as well as providing some
      of the jokes and a few of the plot twists. Their
      assistance was invaluable. Mistakes are mine alone.

      Mofic Website: www.angelfire.com/comics/mo