5384X-Men: Academy- Feeling thunder 5/? (movieverse, J/L)

  • stormxpadme@t-online.de
    Oct 19, 2003
      Series: X-Men: Academy (pilot)

      Title: FEELING THUNDER

      part: 5/?

      author: myself ;)

      language: English, but that's not my native language, so please forgive me my mistakes.

      Disclaimer: All X-Men and other Marvel characters in here belong to Marvel, 20 Century Fox and else. Not mine ;).

      Universe: Only based on the storyline of the movie 'X-Men'.

      Timeline: Begins with the first movie

      Romance: Jean/Logan, Scott/OC

      Feedback: will not only be appreciated, but... well, you know *G*.

      Rating: PG for this part, light brutalty

      remarks: On my homepage on http://www.catbull.com/adora/fanfxmen.html you find all my stories with pics in it. With them they're nicer to read ;). But it's the same stories :).

      +++

      Only two hours later, Katja awoke from a quiet noise in the room next door. Some kind of Moaning. Logan... That was Logan. First she just wanted to get back to sleep, but then she heard the door of that room being opened. Someone had lost his brains, it seemed. And she thought to know, who it was. She stood up and went there at once. "Marie?"

      Rogue turned around fast. She was standing right in front of Logan's bed. This girl apparently had left her brains back in Mississippi. "How could you know?"

      "My room's just nearby. What are you doing here?"

      Logan turned around in his bed, meaning loudly again.

      Flashwind often had quite intensive dreams herself and knew, this wasn't easy. But right now, Rogue's safety was more important. "Leave him alone. Nightmares pass in time, Marie."

      "The sooner the better." Before Kathi could stop her, she leaned over Wolverine, touching his shoulder lightly. "Logan, wake up. Logan!"

      Damn! Marie really should know best of his reflexes! "Watch out!" Flashwind, standing right next to her now, reached out her arm to pull the girl away, but she was too late.

      A terrible loud noise of torn clothes. Fast, loud breathing. A sight full of hate- and then full of horror.

      First Katja didn't understand. Her arm suddenly felt terribly- light. As if it didn't belong to her body anymore. She lowered her head slowly. On their way to Marie's throat, two of Logan's claws had cut her upper arm, deep enough to amputate nearly half of it. And Rogue still was hurt. The attempt to protect her had failed.

      Completely disturbed Wolverine drew in his claws. He lost all ability to speak for a moment. He didn't even try to push back Marie when she stretched out a trembling hand, driven by her pain, to touch him.

      Cat slowly sank down to the floor, watching with widened, unbelieving eyes how her friend's deadly wounds closed in seconds. And only now the agony began to rise.

      A scream. That was Rogue. Fast, she went to the door. Some pupils who had heard the noise were already waiting there. Storm also just reached the room, alarmed by Wolverine's cry for help before Marie had touched him. Everyone looked at Rogue terrified. "It... was an accident..." she somehow managed to say.

      "God damn, Logan!" Scott entered, passing by Storm who in the darkness of the room had not even realized Flashwind's injure so far. He looked like being close, very close to attack Wolverine, who had become unconscious. "How can anyone be that..." Only then he saw that it was not only Wolverine who was hurt. "Oh, wonderful! Somebody call an ambulance, fast!"

      "It was my fault", Marie stuttered behind him. For the first time the others saw her cry. "I came here, though I knew... Flashwind, I'm so sorry..."

      Katja couldn't answer. It took all her strength not to scream loudly. Storm following Scott, terrified, was making a provisional pressure bandage out of the sheets of the bed, tight enough to causing pain, stronger than anything Flash had ever felt before.

      "You're hurting her!" Scott shouted at Ororo.

      "What would you prefer? Letting her bleed to death?" she hissed. "Ask your girlfriend what to do in such a case."

      Finally Jean joined them, with her hair being untidy, wearing only a nightgown, carrying a medicine bag. "Well done, Storm. Don't let go. Come on, Flashwind, lay down. Carefully! Give me that pillow, Marie." Her voice sounded neutral. Doing her job, she didn't show any emotions. "Let me take a look." Carefully she touched Katja's shoulder.

      Now Flash couldn't suppress a quiet moan anymore. Fighting the pain began to take her breath away, she went tense, bending forward.

      "Yes, I know that hurts. I'll give you morphine. Keep on breathing. Flash! Damn it, she's collapsing. Scott!"

      Cyclops and Katja apparently had not behaved half as discreetly as they had thought. Jean called him without even thinking about it. No one really realized in this moment. But it was a good idea. When she felt Scott's hand around hers, Flash seemed to calm down.

      "Breathe", he said softly. "Don't you dare to die now! You've come too far for that. Breathe, I say. Put yourself together!"

      Again, only a rough tone helped, like in the morning, when she had saved him from the car explosion. Though she was half blacking out from it, she took a deep breath. Outside they could hear the ambulance arriving.

      The operation took five hours. The doctors said, Katja had been lucky. Probably she was. Anyway, the arm was saved. When she awoke, someone was sitting next to her bed in her single room of the intensive station. A young woman, about 16, with long black hair and pretty almond eyes. "Hey."

      "Jubilee?" Flash asked, smiling weakly.

      "Yep. I didn't have time yesterday, when Jean sent me that message, so I thought to visit you now." She didn't look exactly happy.

      "What happened?" Kathi asked, frightened.

      "Magneto has taken Rogue prisoner. He needs her for his machine, to mutate people... But Senator Kelly, whom he used to test that machine, is dead. At least we know that the meeting of the United Nations is where the Brotherhood's going. Our people are on their way."

      Katja realized that she had forgotten how first to think and then to react. She knew that now they could depend on her. "Jubilee, you've got to take me out of here."

      "Pardon? Did Logan stab your head, too? You're hurt badly, Flashwind, you can't help them."

      "I need only one arm to start a thunderstorm. I have to do something! Or we may loose Rogue! Please, just make some trouble out there so I can leave this room."

      Jubes sighed. "Jean would kill you. She'll kill me. You really think, you'll make that?"

      "No problem. This wasn't my first operation." Flash stood up and pulled the needle of the infusion out of her arm, the way she had seen Jean doing that. "I hope that wardrobe over there does contain more than my torn shirt from last night."

      Jubilee gave her a bag. "I brought your uniform."

      "What was that about me staying here?" Katja grinned, taking off the hospital's nightgown. "Good thing they didn't put a cast around my arm. That would be a problem."

      "You tend to lose your rationality once you live in our mansion", the other girl murmured. "I'll clear the way, see you outside then. I've come here with my motorbike. We'll reach Liberty Island in less then fifteen minutes. But I won't do anything more than bringing you there, okay? At least one of us should be left after this fight."

      "Some optimism would help", Flash complained.

      "I wouldn't know where to get it from. This is a crisis. It's a war coming, Flash. I'm afraid of the future." She went to the door.

      "I don't know you at all", Kathi said quietly, putting on the top of her uniform. The arm burned like fire. "I don't know any of you. If somebody asked me, I couldn't tell why I go there now, risking my life. But I couldn't forgive myself not doing it."

      She turned around once more. "You're a mutant. We're all a family. That's more than just a physical connection. Never forget that." She left. Immediately there were screams outside, excited voices. Jubilee's file in the mansion's network said that her gift was creating a kind of high voltage. Probably the electronic devises on the floor all were on overload now.

      "You're an angel", Katja murmured, relieved, putting on the belt and her high heeled boots. Hopefully she wouldn't break her legs with those when running. Suppressing all doubts, she wanted to go... When suddenly there were pictures of her family on her mind. Her mother. Her sisters... What the hell was she doing? But then there was another picture she remembered. Scott, being knocked down by Mystique. She realized that this wasn't just a little crush. She seriously was in love with him. She left the hospital without looking back.

      StormXPadme @
      http://www.catbull.com/adora &
      http://www.marvel-boards.co.uk