5156Re: Story rec (minor spoilers)

  • angelslilgurl2002
    Jul 7 4:57 PM
      --- In xmenmoviefanfic@yahoogroups.com, "rachel_martin64"
      <rachel_martin64@h...> wrote:
      > Jus ad Bellum, by Jenn
      > http://seperis.illuminatedtext.com/movieverse/jusadbellumindex.html
      >
      > Novel-length, adult. Violence, some explicit sex. Mature themes.
      >
      > Rogue finds herself in an alternate universe in which the Mutant
      > Registration Act was passed. In this world, the mutants liberated
      > themselves from Nazi-style experimentation camps, fought back and
      > won. You'd think that would be the end, not the beginning, of a
      > novel/movie/TV show. Good guys win, end of story. Right? But this
      > story explores the effect of victory on the good guys.

      I read this story because of this recommendation. It was the best
      thing I have ever done.

      This story is perfection. It takes amazing characterizations that
      are so true and yet so different and mixes in an always interesting
      plot. The story makes the reader always aware of the horrors of what
      is happening but the reasons how these things came to be. You are
      understanding but horrified and always forced to see both sides.

      It is the best X-men fanfic I have ever read and possibly even the
      best fanfic I have ever read. I would highly recommend it to anyone
      mature enough to read it.

      ===>Amanda<===
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic