4699Through My Eyes: Love is Blindness 5/7

  • Autumn <autumnleaves@autumnpenguins.com>
    Feb 2, 2003
      Title: Love is Blindness

      Series: Through My Eyes 5/7

      *Disclaimer in part One*

      www.autumnpenguins.com

      ********************

      "Love is blindness I don't want to see Won't you wrap the night
      Around me Take my heart Love is blindness" -U2

      We almost lost everything. The city, Rogue, Logan and Magneto almost
      got away. We still might loose Logan. He crashed on the way to the
      mansion but Jean worked all night and was able to save him. She
      thinks he'll wake up in a day or two; the professor woke already and
      is now resting. I'm due to meet him, but first I want to check on
      Jean. I'm worried about her. She's been different lately, and she
      holds a cold furry towards me that I suspect stems from a
      conversation I have reason to believe she overheard. Its one of the
      many things I intend to bring it up with Charles

      ****

      "Nice to see you up Charles" I say, trying to hide the shock of how
      weak my strong professor looks.

      "Thank you Scott. How was the mission?"

      It's just like him to cut right into business first, especially when
      it concerns Erik. "It could have been a lot smoother. Logan was very
      useful." I can't keep myself from sounding clipped.

      "Scott, if you are angry about me with something, say so. Its not
      going to help either of us too keep me in the dark."

      "Your relationship with Magneto has got too end. It's brought us all
      a lot of suffering Charles. It almost brought 1,000 people to an end."

      "You blame me for something in my life that ended years ago." It's a
      question, not a statement. I can't say he sounds completely
      surprised, but I still can't quell the anger.

      "Erik knew about Cerebro, he knows your every move. He knows each of
      us by name. He knew we would be there, he set a trap Charles. He was
      ready for us."

      "Erik and I are friends Scott. I have a deep affection for him that
      is frankly, none of your business." he said with anger.

      "Don't you see Charles, you can't play both sides of the fence. You
      can't make nice with him and expect us to put our asses out on the
      line to stop him. You are asking me to risk my fiancé, my friends and
      my own life for your cause, for your goddamn dream! There has got to
      be some give, or I walk. I am not going to go through another night
      like that. I don't want to go into battle when the enemy knows all
      our weapons. Break it off with him Charles, I won't ask you again."

      "Love isn't that simple Scott, I'm sure you understand that" he says
      quietly.

      "Love is blindness." I say and leave the room.

      *******

      I was too upset to stay in there and say all the things I wanted to
      say. I did voice what was bothering me the most, and that's enough
      for one day. Its not everyday I tell off the man who has been like a
      father too me, or tell him I disapprove of his relationship or
      whatever it is. An afternoon isn't going to be enough to rebuild all
      the relationships that have been breeched this week, but I can at
      least start. And now the only thing I want to do is find Jean and
      explain what happened. But it's harder to open the door I'm now in
      front of than it was to face Charles. But I love her, I'm blind to
      fear I just want to, need to make things right.

      I know co the door, "Jean, can we talk?"