2233Fic: Interview #5 - 1/1 [L/R] - R

  • victoria p.
    Mar 1, 2001
      Title: Interview #5
      Author: Victoria P. [victoria_p@...]
      Series: Crossing Canada
      Rating: R for language and sex
      Archive: As noted in #4, I found some errors in the early parts, so if you
      want this story, please email me and I'll send the corrected version.
      Thanks.
      Feedback: Makes me all tingly and warm.
      Notes: Thanks to Dot, Meg, Jen, and Pete. Well, this story kept me up til 5
      am this morning, but my betas tell me it makes sense, so there you have it.
      Hope it satisfies. To everyone who's sent feedback already, big hugs...

      ***

      Interview #5

      They got back to her motel room before the police arrived at the bar. They
      stood and stared at each other in silence. Every time Rogue opened her mouth
      to say something, Logan would shush her. <I feel like Scott Evil,> she
      thought. She was also sobering up quickly from the bourbon and the fight.
      She knew Logan, and what came next on the agenda. She only hoped he wouldn't
      leave her in search of it. She didn't think she could take him leaving her
      to work off his adrenaline high with some other woman.

      "What the hell are you doin' here?" he asked finally.

      "I told you," she replied. "I missed you. The way you left -- you didn't
      even stop to see me. I know, I know you were upset, but the least you could
      do--"

      She broke off as he grabbed her left hand. "Where's the ring?"

      "What?"

      "The ring. And shouldn't you be on your honeymoon? I can't believe Gumbo is
      lettin' you chase me all over Canada. What the hell kinda marriage do you
      have?"

      "Back the fuck up." She was sober now, and couldn't believe what she was
      hearing. "You think that Remy and I--" she stopped again, and things fell
      into place. <Jeez,> she thought, <if Jubes was two inches taller, or Scott
      just a little less anal, this never would have happened.> "But still, why
      would you-- I don't understand," she said, sinking down onto the bed.

      "You deserve better than him, Marie." He sat next to her and stroked her
      hair. "You deserve better than that thief. You know he always had one hand
      up Jubilee's skirt while he was sweet-talkin' you. What kinda husband lets
      his wife go off chasin' another man right after the wedding? I'm sorry,
      Marie, but I just couldn't stick around and watch you throw yourself away on
      that punk."

      She shook her head. "Logan, listen to me. Read my lips." She placed her
      hands on his cheeks and turned him to face her. "Remy and I are not married.
      Scott and Jean got married. Remy was my partner in the wedding. He and
      Jubilee are shacking up."

      He blinked. He cocked his head. "Really?"

      "And for true," she said, a smile lighting up her face. Another thought
      crossed her mind and wiped away the smile. "But I don't get it. Why were you
      sleeping your way west with women who looked like Jean?" She blushed as she
      said it. "I mean, it's none of my business, of course. I know how you feel
      about her. I just, I don't get it."

      She got up and turned away from him. Her hand went unconsciously to the
      dogtags around her neck. Now that the moment of truth had arrived, she
      didn't think she could do it. Taking a deep breath, she lifted the chain
      over her head and turned back to him. "I think you should take these back,
      Logan. I can't be your little girl anymore. I need to get on with my life.
      If you can't -- if you don't feel like I feel -- I can't wait around. I've
      wasted the last six years of my life chasing you -- literally, for the past
      few weeks -- and I can't do it anymore." She held the tags out to him,
      blinking rapidly to forestall the tears beginning to form in her eyes.

      "You want me?" he said hoarsely, stunned.

      "More than anything," she whispered. "I thought you knew and were just
      being, you know, nice about not wanting me back."

      He shook his head. "I, you were with Bobby when I came back, and then that
      guy from Boston. I just never thought. Oh fuck, I've had my head up my ass
      for six years? Shit." He pulled her into his arms, pressing kisses to her
      hair. "Marie, I'm so sorry. I've wanted you -- loved you -- for years. But
      you were too young and then you always had boyfriends. And then I thought
      you were gettin' married… Shit."

      He traced her lips with gloved fingers, and then floated her scarf across
      them. "I'm going to kiss you now," he whispered.

      "Please," she said.

      The warm wet silk tasted of her, he thought, and it was good enough to make
      him wonder if he'd be able to stop. She wouldn't let him, moaning low in her
      throat and running her fingers through his hair.

      He walked her to the bed and laid her down gently. She quickly stripped him
      of his clothes, hands roaming, eager to touch every part of his perfectly
      sculpted body. He growled as she pressed kisses to his chest through the
      scarf and again when she feathered it over his erection and took him into
      her mouth. His hips jerked instinctively and he fought against it, wanting
      to be inside her the first time. "Marie, please," he whimpered.

      She lifted her head and grinned. "Like that, do you?"

      "Get over here," he rumbled, dragging her up, enjoying the friction the
      motion created. He unzipped her jeans and murmured, "Thank God for
      pantyhose."

      "Tights, Logan. These are tights."

      "Whatever," he replied, far too interested in exploring the damp triangle
      between her legs. He inhaled the scent of her arousal and wondered how he
      got to be so lucky. He unsheathed about an inch of adamantium and slit the
      tights -- and her underwear, too -- from front to back. He stoked her and
      she squirmed.

      "Logan," she breathed. He loved the way she said his name. He felt around on
      the floor for his pants -- luckily, he still had condoms in his wallet --
      and then they were good to go. He sat up, his mouth finding her breasts as
      she straddled him. She rocked back and forth, getting used to the feel of
      him. "It's been a while," she whispered.

      He didn't ask who and she didn't tell him. None of that was important now
      anyway. They were finally together.

      She began moving faster and his hands on her hips controlled their rhythm.
      She arched her back and he slid his fingers in between their bodies to press
      her clit. He kept his eyes open, drinking in the sight of her above him, and
      he could see the tension building as he drove her towards climax. "Oh, God,
      Logan," she moaned, her voice getting louder as she came.

      "That's it, baby," he said hoarsely. "You got it. That's it. You're so
      beautiful, Marie." He felt her muscles clench around him and he thrust
      deeper, shuddering as he spilled into her, shouting her name.

      They spent the rest of the night similarly occupied, and would have spent
      most of the morning that way too, except her cell phone rang.

      "Not now, Bobby," she said as Logan was slipping the scarf between her legs.
      "Everything's fine. Yeah, he's here. And we'll be home for the holidays."

      ~End~

      victoria

      --

      “That’s one more kid who’ll never get to go to school / Never get to fall in
      love / Never get to be cool” – “Rockin’ in the Free World” – Neil Young

      --

      The Muse's Fool - http://victoria_jp.tripod.com/home.htm