Re: xl7 clicks in patterns

  • Christian BONNEAU
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1 12:27 PM
      Hi Everybody !
      Many thanks for all your suggestions , Aaron ! I like your sense of humor , but despite the fact i'm an EMU fan , I do not dream of a sticker saying 'TURBO' (did not reached that point yet !.....but who knows ....Maybe someday I will ....If you EMU Techs go on like this , everything is possible !!!) ..................By now , my dreams are wilder than this : I have a dream .........of an XX7 that could contain all (sound roms from) Electronic Music modules EMU ever released , plus as much empty slots for personal sounds roms (sampler part in some way !) all in one box , it would be the ultimate tool !!! ! Will it ever be a fantasy ?
      In fact I was mainly thinking about an hardware extension providing more slots , to let us all forget about the lack of sampling capabilities ( I could not prevent myself from buying some EMU ROMS ....Well.... Now where do I put my personal sounds ROMS ?), you know , this baby's so hungry !!!! (but has a small stomach....)
      Now for my clicks in pattern problem , I tried all you suggested to me , but only muting could solve the problem , I noticed the problem came from the same pad sound on two different channels (10 & 11 ) but with different filter sweep , muting or erasing track 10 or 11 ( too bad !) definitely cleared the pattern from those clicks (Yeah !)....Does it helps you to know what caused this ? this click was produced by 10 & 11 playing at the same time , but muting/unmuting other tracks (percs or whatever) did influence the sound of clicks (sometimes louder, weaker , most of time it's a typical numerical click but muting all percs and some drums made that click sound more close to Vinyl crackle....well , this is said just to give an idea of what happens to the sound !) It seems that the same preset cannot be used this way on two different Midi tracks and that's not a problem with OS v1.32 , the only strange thing is that I heard those clicks after OS upgrade.......But maybe I didn't have noticed it before.....Who knows ?
      Thanks again !