Re: [xl7] a few Q's (live perf., ext. synths, etc.)

  • erik_magrini@Baxter.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2002

      I've seen that too, though I wouldn't consider it a live problem per se.  I hear it while making the patterns, then just back off on the res and all is well.

      rEalm

      I've had some problems with the filters causing voices to clip and/or drop out; at this stage I'm half inclined to blame the rest of the signal chain (gain into digital mixer and/or lightpipe from there), except that I had very similar problems with the UltraProteus and Morpheus a few years ago.

    • Nick Rothwell
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2002
        > I've seen that too, though I wouldn't consider it a live problem per se. I
        > hear it while making the patterns, then just back off on the res and all
        > is well.

        I consider it a live problem because it's not totally predictable: I
        can work with some patches for days, and then during one sequencing
        run some of the notes will start clipping.

        As you suggest, the answer is probably to ease off on the resonance...

        --

        nick rothwell -- composition, systems, performance -- http://www.cassiel.com
      • erik_magrini@Baxter.com