Re: CTRLR.ORG

    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2013
      I guess I can let the secret out--for parameter tweaking and remote control systex, a checksum is NOT needed. And where it is needed, E-Mu provides for a way to ignore the checksum.

      To be fair, the writer was listed as being from Catalonia and the Sysex Manual is written in English--which might have been an obstacle to understanding.

      Neverleless, the post was on the rude side.

      Steve

    • Julius @ Wikter
      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 14, 2013

        Well, then maybe could be possible to do a workaround avoiding those checksums and use not only Ctrlr, but also Synthedit to create a decent sysex editor for our CS. Isn't it?
        Synthedit is really easy to program.

        Message 3 of 18 , Sep 14, 2013
          I am confused by your posts. Are you trying to offer help to someone else who asked a question or is trying to solve a problem, or are you wanting to do something yourself--such as create a sysex editor?

          If its the latter and you are an experienced Synthedit developer, I would encourage you to look at the E-Mu Proteus Sysex Manual. You don't need a workaround because its already possible as part of the sysex design. (To me workarounds are needed when something cannot be done using ordinary methods.)

          As for creating a sysex editor with Ctrlr, I would encourage you and others to create panels to do things that go beyond simple preset editing.

          As for Synthedit, I played with it a few years ago, but have not kept up with the newer versions. I don't know if someone has modules that could take advantage of E-Mu's 2-way sysex communication. I thought of Synthedit more as audio software than midi software--although I did create a plug-in that would display midi data from E-Mus in 16 separate windows, one for each channel. (I believe I posted a screen shot of it either in Files or Photos.)

          I hope this answers your question.

          Steve

          --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Julius @ Wikter" <wikter@...> wrote:

          > Well, then maybe could be possible to do a workaround avoiding those
          > checksums and use not only Ctrlr, but also Synthedit to create a decent
          > sysex editor for our CS. Isn't it?
          > Synthedit is really easy to program.

          --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Julius @ Wikter" <wikter@...> wrote:

          > The problem to edit Emu sysex is the way they use 2 comlement and checksums
          > to send messages. It.s truly shit.
          > Theres easier hardware to control using sysex.

        • wikter
          Message 4 of 18 , Sep 16, 2013
            Last versions of synthedit allows to program knobs to send/receive Midi data. Unfortunately it's not possible to send dumps, but last time I used it sysex messages can be sent & received as long as the host allows midi data to be routed out to midi devices.