Re: Prodatum-Linux help!

  • Royce
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
      There has been a bit of a Midi problem with downloading the ROM patch etc names from the synths.
      Jan collected all the commercial (is there any other kind?) ROM names and they can be found here
      http://sourceforge.net/projects/prodatum/files/ROM-Info/

      Unzip and place all the files in the unzipped prodatum folder into your home directory.
      In WinXp it is C:\Document and  Settings\name\Application Data\Proteum, not sure what it is in Linux .

      Proteum should look there first before trying to download from the synth.
      Not sure why Jan didn't just install all of them.

      All the best
      Royce

      --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "ackack1020" wrote:

      > Hey list,
      >
      > Has anyone had success with Prodatum on Linux recently? I've been trying, but getting weird behavior. Doubt anyone has the exact same setup, but any input is appreciated.
      >
      > Ubuntu 12.04 with KXStudio packages
      > NI AudioKontrol1 interface
      > MP7 (with both MIDI in and out hooked up to AK1)
      >
      > I've tried prodatum 1.0.1 and 0.99, which both open, and automatically bring up the "open device" dialog. I can select my midi i/o options and get my two ROMs (Mo'Phatt and XLead V2) to show up, but when I click 'Open' it seems to hang. Once it filled up the loading bar, but still hung up right at the end. When I unplugged everything and went to the CS I found it was on Multisetup 63... Is there anything I'm obviously missing? I could boot up W7, but like my ubuntu side more...
      >
      > Would love to be able to program with prodatum! Help!

    • ackack1020
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013
        Cheers! Will give that a shot.

        --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Royce" <rpcfender@...> wrote:

        > There has been a bit of a Midi problem with downloading the ROM patch
        > etc names from the synths.
        > Jan collected all the commercial (is there any other kind?) ROM names
        > and they can be found here
        > http://sourceforge.net/projects/prodatum/files/ROM-Info/
        > <http://sourceforge.net/projects/prodatum/files/ROM-Info/>
        >
        > Unzip and place all the files in the unzipped prodatum folder into your
        > home directory.
        > In WinXp it is C:\Document and Settings\name\Application Data\Proteum,
        > not sure what it is in Linux .
        >
        > Proteum should look there first before trying to download from the
        > synth.
        > Not sure why Jan didn't just install all of them.
        >

        > All the best
        > Royce
        >

        > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "ackack1020" wrote:
        > >
        > > Hey list,
        > >
        > > Has anyone had success with Prodatum on Linux recently? I've been
        > trying, but getting weird behavior. Doubt anyone has the exact same
        > setup, but any input is appreciated.
        > >
        > > Ubuntu 12.04 with KXStudio packages
        > > NI AudioKontrol1 interface
        > > MP7 (with both MIDI in and out hooked up to AK1)
        > >
        > > I've tried prodatum 1.0.1 and 0.99, which both open, and automatically
        > bring up the "open device" dialog. I can select my midi i/o options and
        > get my two ROMs (Mo'Phatt and XLead V2) to show up, but when I click
        > 'Open' it seems to hang. Once it filled up the loading bar, but still
        > hung up right at the end. When I unplugged everything and went to the CS
        > I found it was on Multisetup 63... Is there anything I'm obviously
        > missing? I could boot up W7, but like my ubuntu side more...
        > >
        > > Would love to be able to program with prodatum! Help!

      • Matt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 17, 2013

          In linux it might be ~/.prodatum or something similar