ROMs - current market values

  • stimresp
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013
      Phew, I haven't been here in a long time...

      I'm minded to sell my XL-7. No problem to move it locally.

      However I have 3 additional ROMs installed. These are the Pop Collection, Vintage Collection and the super-rare Ensoniq Project Rom. All with original packaging and in excellent condition.

      These were the very last ROMs in stock @ Creative, just after they aquired E-mu in 2003. I knew a lady working in their Dublin office and she tipped me off. I still payed a pretty penny for them.

      I am not sure what the current market price for these should be. I am not fishing for a sale here, but I would like to know what other owners believe is a reasonable price for these ROMs should I decide to sell them.

      The prices on www.theavenuesinstruments.com have always been too high. I don't believe they are worth that much. Perhaps the community could propose a market value for these (and other) ROMs? This might provide some consistency in the market. Some of the prices asked for ROMs have been ridiculous!

      In the end, I would prefer that these went to a good home rather than to some spoiled brat who won't appreciate them.

      Cheers,
      Stim
    • Nathan Steele

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013
          Thanks for the tip - I didn't know you could search old listings like that (not an ebay user).

          I might as well just list them and see what happens.

          Cheers