Re: [xl7] Re: XL7: save midi settings?

  • Matt
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 19, 2013

      Thanks for making me menu dive. I forgot altogether u could map program changes to whatever presets u want under midi menu

      On Mar 19, 2013 11:49 AM, "Matt" <somatt@...> wrote:

      I believe if u turn midi off u dont need the dummy midi data since it doesnt matter what preset its on since its not making sound anyway
      Just my 2 cents its a pain to put it in

      On Mar 19, 2013 1:37 AM, "raabje" <raabje@...> wrote:

      Okay, thanks, have to input some dummy CC values that have no use on all 16 tracks. I will save this pattern at location 000.

      so my settings are:

      - multi mode
      - midi merge on --> for playing external controllers for external synths
      - rechanalize input: always, so I don't have to set midi channel on external controllers
      - midi track 1 to 7: external, for sequencing external synths
      - midi enable: track 1 to 7: off, for not hearing the internal synth engine when playing the pads or an external controller
      - keyboard channel: basic
      - program change off for channel 1 to 7, so changing presets on the external synth doesn't mess up internal presets, or visa versa

      There is a difference between internal synth engine and sequencer, settings for sequencings external synths doesn't automatically shut off the internal synth engine for that midi tracks. Took me some time to get familiar with this concept.