Re: Sysex too fast?

  • Ricard
    Message 1 of 31 , Mar 9, 2013
      --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, Matt <somatt@...> wrote:

      > My worn unit px7 has not manifested any problems but my unworn units have
      > been problematic. Wear indicates performing well repeatedly.

      In what way have they been problematic? I'm not sure what you mean by "Wear indicates performing well repeatedly."

      My XL-7 is actually a PX-7 in disguise. My original XL-7 mainboard exhibited a problem whereby one would get clicks in the audio out when the machine was running warm (i.e. in my studio in the heat of summer). It turned out I could get a (used) PX-7 for the same amount it would have got me to get a replacement mainboard shipped from EPR electronics, so I did that and swapped the lower half of the PX-7 with my XL-7 and put both the XL-7 and PX-7 ROMs in the unit. I now have a spare unit which can be handy if some front panel item or the power supply fails. The only downside of all this is that the XL-7 now says "PX-7" in the display upon starting up. Not a big issue. Would be easy to fix with appropriate software, apparently, but only service facilities such as EPR can do this, on-site, which would mean I'd have to ship the board to EPR and back again...

      (Yes, I could have moved everything to the PX-7 instead, but I like the XL-7 front panel graphics and color scheme better, and besides, the XL-7 parameter wheel had a better feel to it, being more worn (easier to turn)).
      Message 31 of 31 , Mar 15, 2013
        Footnote:

        In short, the P2K presets seem to use MidiK and MidiL which are used by the P2500 presets for something else. Searching for controller usage in the patchcords, finding available controllers, and juggling the patchcords would have to be quite involved. I am not quite ready for that challenge, but I will give it some thought as it goes in the direction of the "Parametizer" software I mentioned.

        Steve