Re: Composer ROM knob assignments

  • Ricard
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 9, 2013
      --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, Matt <somatt@...> wrote:

      > Edit more patches and u will be much more happy with the sounds
      > Also a sampler is a must.

      At one point I was thinking of locating one of the E-Mu samplers that can perform sound authoring for the XL-7, and then dumping a bunch of classic drum machine samples on a FLASH SIMM for use in the XL-7. But it seems like a lot of work, not to mention the fact that the FLASH SIMMs seem to be very rare - I've never seen one on eBay, although I don't go looking every day. So I've given up on that anyway.

      > If u look in the instruments while editing patches you will find many more
      > electronic kits.

      I'll have to take a closer look.

      > The Protean Drums ROM has some Emulator II drum sounds which are nice, but
      > the majority of drum sounds are still in the acoustic domain.

      Yes, I've got that ROM too, and I hang on to it really just for the E II drum sounds.

      /Ricard