RE: [xl7] Viewing edited parameters on LCD?

  • Malik Martin
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 16, 2013

      As much as I’ve heard about Prodatum, I’ve never tried it. I gave it my MIDI ports and it autodetected my CS and its ROMS!! I’m Impressed. I haven’t had time to figure out  how it reads data from my CS but if it can tell the me patches and the params(not just the midi channel and CC) then I’m in business!!

      Thanks!

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2013

        2013/2/15 Malik Martin <malik_martin@...>
        > That’s what I usually do to learn the default values of a patch, but I’d like to be able to see what I’m editing

        I think it is not possible, due to the nature of patchords. The only thing that can be shown for sure is that you're changing the amount of MIDI Controller A, but that's something you already know, since you just grabbed the A knob. However, this controller can change different parameters in a different way (modulation processors) and to a different degree - also depending on the layer.

        I'm using Behringer BCR2000 to control my Yamaha SY77 using SysEx, and SY77 behaves exactly in the way you described. Now the thing is, when I assign multiple params to a single knob, and do it for few knobs, and then start turning them, the display goes crazy, trying to show all possible updates. The result, although amusing, is far from being informative or helpful...

        HTH,

        Bruno