Re: New app for iPad that will let you control your E-mu Proteus, Command Station!

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013
      There's a few here:

      --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "steve_the_composer" wrote:

      > I think there is a repository of a whole bunch, but I don't think all. I know I was involved with someone who was building such a repository and I seem to recall some being posted somewhere. I will try to recall where..
      >
      > Is this an Open Source project?
      >

      > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Toni" wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello all,
      > >
      > > I have an ambitious software project I am embarking on, developing and writing
      > > in C++ at school for the iPad. This would allow sync from a iPad to all E-MU
      > > Proteus, Command Station modules and all Ultra and non-Ultra Samplers with fully
      > > functioning knobs, buttons, pads, Data wheels, etc. What I need from you (if
      > > anyone has it) is the E-mu SYSEX data from the factory ROM's this is so the
      > > program can read and understand all factory patterns, presets and songs of each
      > > ROM and know when there has been a user change and will save the preset
      > > automatically! Imagine controlling your own E-mu module or sampler through an
      > > iPad! So, shoot me an email, post the ROMs on the E-mu Command users group or
      > > direct me to a dropbox account or even a link to a website. If all goes as
      > > planned I should have it finished in early May 2013 to use with iPad!
      > >
      > > Here's a list of what I need in ROMs:
      > >
      > > Beat Garden Expansion
      > > Techno Synth Construction Yard Expansion
      > > X-Lead Expansion
      > > Audity 2000
      > > Ensoniq Project Expansion
      > > Halo (Sounds of the ZR) Expansion
      > > Vintage Collection Expansion
      > > Protean Drums Expansion
      > > Holy Grail Expansion
      > > Protozoa Expansion
      > > B-3 Expansion
      > > Orchestral Sessions Vol. 1 Expansion
      > > Orchestral Sessions Vol. 2 Expansion
      > > Siedlaczek Advanced Orchestra Expansion
      > > World Expedition Expansion
      > > Pure Phatt (MP-7) Expansion

    • Toni
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 8, 2013
        Thanks Steve for the help! Now if I can find the other ROMs that would be great! Yes, it will be open source and a free app once it is complete I can give you more details once I have more of it assembled. Thanks!

        - Tony

        --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "steve_the_composer" wrote:

        > There's a few here:
        >
        > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "steve_the_composer" wrote:
        > >
        > > I think there is a repository of a whole bunch, but I don't think all. I know I was involved with someone who was building such a repository and I seem to recall some being posted somewhere. I will try to recall where..
        > >
        > > Is this an Open Source project?
        > >

        > > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Toni" wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hello all,
        > > >
        > > > I have an ambitious software project I am embarking on, developing and writing
        > > > in C++ at school for the iPad. This would allow sync from a iPad to all E-MU
        > > > Proteus, Command Station modules and all Ultra and non-Ultra Samplers with fully
        > > > functioning knobs, buttons, pads, Data wheels, etc. What I need from you (if
        > > > anyone has it) is the E-mu SYSEX data from the factory ROM's this is so the
        > > > program can read and understand all factory patterns, presets and songs of each
        > > > ROM and know when there has been a user change and will save the preset
        > > > automatically! Imagine controlling your own E-mu module or sampler through an
        > > > iPad! So, shoot me an email, post the ROMs on the E-mu Command users group or
        > > > direct me to a dropbox account or even a link to a website. If all goes as
        > > > planned I should have it finished in early May 2013 to use with iPad!
        > > >
        > > > Here's a list of what I need in ROMs:
        > > >
        > > > Beat Garden Expansion
        > > > Techno Synth Construction Yard Expansion
        > > > X-Lead Expansion
        > > > Audity 2000
        > > > Ensoniq Project Expansion
        > > > Halo (Sounds of the ZR) Expansion
        > > > Vintage Collection Expansion
        > > > Protean Drums Expansion
        > > > Holy Grail Expansion
        > > > Protozoa Expansion
        > > > B-3 Expansion
        > > > Orchestral Sessions Vol. 1 Expansion
        > > > Orchestral Sessions Vol. 2 Expansion
        > > > Siedlaczek Advanced Orchestra Expansion
        > > > World Expedition Expansion
        > > > Pure Phatt (MP-7) Expansion

      • Jason Budris
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 8, 2013
          Just got into the command station looking forward to this. Thanks for your efforts!

          Thanks,
          Jason

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 9, 2013
            Thought I had replied earlier saying something about a project I was involved with in 2004 but I don't see the post listed. Hmmm. Anyhow, that project was on a closed site and it is no longer there.

            Also, if you haven't found this folder yet, it has a few more:

            Steve
          • Fred Smith
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 14, 2013
              Great project.
              Here is a link for the Proteus sys ex document if you need it.

              Proteus Family Sysex 2.2.pdf (998 KB)
              https://mega.co.nz/#!1wES0YQY!J_BamSMytHbAHYZ_lZOwAF7_KEU0kWRQgBrKF5kKDsk

              cheers

[...]

            • thisistheshortestaliaspossible
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 21, 2013
                Very much looking forward to it! Just a note, maybe it's not a good practice to save the preset automatically after every change because of the finite nature of write cycles of the flash memory?

                Regards.