New app for iPad that will let you control your E-mu Proteus, Command Station!

  • Toni
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 6, 2013
      Hello all,

      I have an ambitious software project I am embarking on, developing and writing
      in C++ at school for the iPad. This would allow sync from a iPad to all E-MU
      Proteus, Command Station modules and all Ultra and non-Ultra Samplers with fully
      functioning knobs, buttons, pads, Data wheels, etc. What I need from you (if
      anyone has it) is the E-mu SYSEX data from the factory ROM's this is so the
      program can read and understand all factory patterns, presets and songs of each
      ROM and know when there has been a user change and will save the preset
      automatically! Imagine controlling your own E-mu module or sampler through an
      iPad! So, shoot me an email, post the ROMs on the E-mu Command users group or
      direct me to a dropbox account or even a link to a website. If all goes as
      planned I should have it finished in early May 2013 to use with iPad!

      Here's a list of what I need in ROMs:

      Beat Garden Expansion
      Techno Synth Construction Yard Expansion
      X-Lead Expansion
      Audity 2000
      Ensoniq Project Expansion
      Halo (Sounds of the ZR) Expansion
      Vintage Collection Expansion
      Protean Drums Expansion
      Holy Grail Expansion
      Protozoa Expansion
      B-3 Expansion
      Orchestral Sessions Vol. 1 Expansion
      Orchestral Sessions Vol. 2 Expansion
      Siedlaczek Advanced Orchestra Expansion
      World Expedition Expansion
      Pure Phatt (MP-7) Expansion
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013
        I think there is a repository of a whole bunch, but I don't think all. I know I was involved with someone who was building such a repository and I seem to recall some being posted somewhere. I will try to recall where..

        Is this an Open Source project?

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 7, 2013
          There's a few here:

          --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "steve_the_composer" wrote:

          > I think there is a repository of a whole bunch, but I don't think all. I know I was involved with someone who was building such a repository and I seem to recall some being posted somewhere. I will try to recall where..
          >
          > Is this an Open Source project?
          >

          > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Toni" wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello all,
          > >
          > > I have an ambitious software project I am embarking on, developing and writing
          > > in C++ at school for the iPad. This would allow sync from a iPad to all E-MU
          > > Proteus, Command Station modules and all Ultra and non-Ultra Samplers with fully
          > > functioning knobs, buttons, pads, Data wheels, etc. What I need from you (if
          > > anyone has it) is the E-mu SYSEX data from the factory ROM's this is so the
          > > program can read and understand all factory patterns, presets and songs of each
          > > ROM and know when there has been a user change and will save the preset
          > > automatically! Imagine controlling your own E-mu module or sampler through an
          > > iPad! So, shoot me an email, post the ROMs on the E-mu Command users group or
          > > direct me to a dropbox account or even a link to a website. If all goes as
          > > planned I should have it finished in early May 2013 to use with iPad!
          > >
          > > Here's a list of what I need in ROMs:
          > >
          > > Beat Garden Expansion
          > > Techno Synth Construction Yard Expansion
          > > X-Lead Expansion
          > > Audity 2000
          > > Ensoniq Project Expansion
          > > Halo (Sounds of the ZR) Expansion
          > > Vintage Collection Expansion
          > > Protean Drums Expansion
          > > Holy Grail Expansion
          > > Protozoa Expansion
          > > B-3 Expansion
          > > Orchestral Sessions Vol. 1 Expansion
          > > Orchestral Sessions Vol. 2 Expansion
          > > Siedlaczek Advanced Orchestra Expansion
          > > World Expedition Expansion
          > > Pure Phatt (MP-7) Expansion

        • Toni
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 8, 2013
            Thanks Steve for the help! Now if I can find the other ROMs that would be great! Yes, it will be open source and a free app once it is complete I can give you more details once I have more of it assembled. Thanks!

            - Tony

            --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "steve_the_composer" wrote:

            > There's a few here:
            >
            > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "steve_the_composer" wrote:
            > >
            > > I think there is a repository of a whole bunch, but I don't think all. I know I was involved with someone who was building such a repository and I seem to recall some being posted somewhere. I will try to recall where..
            > >
            > > Is this an Open Source project?
            > >

            > > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Toni" wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hello all,
            > > >
            > > > I have an ambitious software project I am embarking on, developing and writing
            > > > in C++ at school for the iPad. This would allow sync from a iPad to all E-MU
            > > > Proteus, Command Station modules and all Ultra and non-Ultra Samplers with fully
            > > > functioning knobs, buttons, pads, Data wheels, etc. What I need from you (if
            > > > anyone has it) is the E-mu SYSEX data from the factory ROM's this is so the
            > > > program can read and understand all factory patterns, presets and songs of each
            > > > ROM and know when there has been a user change and will save the preset
            > > > automatically! Imagine controlling your own E-mu module or sampler through an
            > > > iPad! So, shoot me an email, post the ROMs on the E-mu Command users group or
            > > > direct me to a dropbox account or even a link to a website. If all goes as
            > > > planned I should have it finished in early May 2013 to use with iPad!
            > > >
            > > > Here's a list of what I need in ROMs:
            > > >
            > > > Beat Garden Expansion
            > > > Techno Synth Construction Yard Expansion
            > > > X-Lead Expansion
            > > > Audity 2000
            > > > Ensoniq Project Expansion
            > > > Halo (Sounds of the ZR) Expansion
            > > > Vintage Collection Expansion
            > > > Protean Drums Expansion
            > > > Holy Grail Expansion
            > > > Protozoa Expansion
            > > > B-3 Expansion
            > > > Orchestral Sessions Vol. 1 Expansion
            > > > Orchestral Sessions Vol. 2 Expansion
            > > > Siedlaczek Advanced Orchestra Expansion
            > > > World Expedition Expansion
            > > > Pure Phatt (MP-7) Expansion

          • Jason Budris
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 8, 2013
              Just got into the command station looking forward to this. Thanks for your efforts!

              Thanks,
              Jason

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 9, 2013
                Thought I had replied earlier saying something about a project I was involved with in 2004 but I don't see the post listed. Hmmm. Anyhow, that project was on a closed site and it is no longer there.

                Also, if you haven't found this folder yet, it has a few more:

                Steve
              • Fred Smith
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 14, 2013
                  Great project.
                  Here is a link for the Proteus sys ex document if you need it.

                  Proteus Family Sysex 2.2.pdf (998 KB)
                  https://mega.co.nz/#!1wES0YQY!J_BamSMytHbAHYZ_lZOwAF7_KEU0kWRQgBrKF5kKDsk

                  cheers

[...]

                • thisistheshortestaliaspossible
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 21 7:23 AM
                    Very much looking forward to it! Just a note, maybe it's not a good practice to save the preset automatically after every change because of the finite nature of write cycles of the flash memory?

                    Regards.