Re: [xl7] Starting pattern/song playback by =any= key on external keybd - possible?

  • Bruno
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2013
      I know it's not *exactly* what you want, but you can use a footswitch for it - XL-7 has two FS inputs and they can be programmed to work as Start/Stop buttons (amongst others possibilities).

      Bruno

      2013/2/5 vdoulepov <vic.doulepov@...>
      Hi there,

      I'm looking for something "Casio-CTK-style" - a synchro-start, if you don't mind. I can definitely send a MIDI "Start/Play" from the keyboard controller, but that's not what is actually wanted.

      So: is it possible to trigger pattern/song playback upon receiving the first note (first MIDI event maybe) from an external MIDI controller/keyboard?

      I know a similar trick is available for recording (count-in to zero and CS waits for the first incoming event to start recording...).

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)