Re: [p2k] vintage rom

  • Greg Waltzer
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
      now listed on ebay:
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/321059784005?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

      On 1/7/2013 3:51 PM, Greg Waltzer wrote:

      > I have a spare vintage rom for sale - it's one of the hardest to find!
      > $250 plus shipping.
      >
      > The Vintage Collection Expansion ROM is a 32 MB collection of classic
      > keyboard sounds from the '60's, '70's and '80's. With an extensive
      > complement of tonewheel organs, suitcase pianos, analog and digital
      > synthesizers, Vintage Collection is an indispensable tool for musicians
      > playing almost any kind of music, from classic rock and blues to the
      > latest in dance music productions. These keyboard sounds have a timeless
      > appeal that fits almost every genre of music. Vintage Colletion offers
      > you over thirty classic keyboards in a single expansion ROM. And every
      > preset is set up to control a host of synthesis and filter parameters
      > via the real-time controllers found on every E-MU Module, Command
      > Stations & Keyboard. Put three decades of authentic keyboard sounds to
      > work in your instrument today and hear why Vintage Collection is an
      > instant classic.
      >
      > The Vintage ROM is Compatible with All Emu Proteus 2000 Series
      > Instruments:
      >
      > *Sound Modules: Proteus 1000/2000/2500, Xtreme Lead-1 (XL-1), Mo'Phatt,
      > Virtuoso 2000, Orbit 3, Vintage Pro, B-3, Planet Earth, plus all Turbo
      > Models
      > *Keyboards: Ensoniq Halo, MK-6, PK-6, XK-6, & Vintage Keys
      > *Command Stations: MP-7, PX-7, & XL-7

    • Greg Waltzer
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
        Anyone interested in a user group meeting for emu command station/proteus?
        It would be during the electro-music festival, Sept 6-8 in Huguenot, NY.
      • gary higgins
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
          I would, for me at least-it's on the east coast-nice idea! Would be great seeing how others work and what they end up with-I'm pretty sure we each approach it in a unique way.

          Anyone interested in a user group meeting for emu command station/proteus?
          It would be during the electro-music festival, Sept 6-8 in Huguenot, NY.
        • just john
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 31, 2013
            Hey, that looks like only 70 miles from me, as the Google flies!

            (Tho I'm afraid I have about ONE useful tip to share, when it comes to the XL-7, and that's this: Set up a one-voiced patch on one channel and feed a few different pattern tracks into it. Then have fun muting and unmuting the patterns as they play.)

            I see the website is still about last year's iteration: http://event.electro-music.com/

            The schedule looks pretty structured. And I'm surprised at the lack of headphones in the photos. I was imagining this would be ideal for JamHub-style playing, with each person being able to mix the players to their own satisfaction.

            How much are tickets, etc?

            --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, gary higgins wrote:

            > I would, for me at least-it's on the east coast-nice idea! Would be great seeing how others work and what they end up with-I'm pretty sure we each approach it in a unique way.

          • Jason Budris
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 2, 2013
              Do you still have this?