Re: [xl7] Re: Two track latency???

  • Bruno
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 11, 2013
      The usage of external sequencer doesn't really matter. If you trigger the same sample twice in the same time, you will always experience chorus effect. This is also a reason for E-mu "cheap" implementation of chorus effect on the polyphony level.

      As strange that it can seem, if you want to have more powerful sound (instead of chorus), maybe just fight fire with fire - use the same sample, but experiment with Sound Start/Delay parameters for one layer?

      2013/1/11 nikitsanpsix <nikitsan@...>
      but I have not tried an external sequencer.

      --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, Bruno  wrote:

      > BTW: isn't it the same effect like if you were playing the same MIDI notes
      > on the same patches on two different channels? Or sending doubled notes
      > from the external sequencer (happened to me few times and it's f...ing
      > annoying).
      >
      > Bruno
      >

      > 2013/1/11 steve_the_composer
      >
      > > I am not in front of my gear, it seems that the Mix Output operates on
      > > layers. Assign layers to different sends->sub outs. However, only main has
      > > FXA/FXB.
      > >
      > > L1 MIX OUTPUT
      > > Send2->main
      > >
      > > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "nikitsanpsix"  wrote:
      > > >
      > > > O! it`s a good idea with layers. Maybe somebody knows, can I route
      > > different layers to different outputs?

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          xl7-digest@yahoogroups.com
          xl7-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • janoch23
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 16, 2014
        Digging up an old thread. So does this mean that layer triggering is not synchronized across layers? So no stereo effects would be possible with user samples? And no additive synthesis?

        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 16, 2014
          I seem to remember doing a test many years ago. If I recall correctly, I had the same ROM instrument on two layers, no effects or anything, short attack, etc. I triggered a single note and the two layers did not always hit at the same time. There seemed to be some nanoseconds of variation. I will see if I wrote that up.