Re: [xl7] are user patches stored in the sound rom or in the command station itself?

  • JOHNNIE BURKE-GAFFNEY
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
      Hi Dutchbeats,

      You use e-loader from the creative website:  http://www.creative.com/emu/support/downloads/legacy/download.aspx?d=311

      You can download a manual too.

      Cheers
      Johnnie

      From: dutchbeats <dutchbeats@...>
      To: xl7@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, 2 January 2013, 19:14
      Subject: [xl7] are user patches stored in the sound rom or in the command station itself?

      also wondering, what program do i use to back up my patches to a pc running xp? thanks

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          xl7-digest@yahoogroups.com
          xl7-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Bruno
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
        Hello,

        2013/1/2 JOHNNIE BURKE-GAFFNEY <johnniebg@...>

        I'm afraid E-loader is of no use in terms of backing up patches. It can only manage your patterns and songs.

        The easiest way of patch backup is to use the XL-7 ability to dump patches (or whole banks) in SysEx. If you have a PC with Win XP you can use a great and free software, called MIDI Ox. It can record incoming SysEx transmission and save it into file - that way you can back up your patches, one by one, or just make a (periodic? SysEx is tiny compared to the capacity of modern drives) copy of your User banks.

        I was thinking about making a document with step by step description of SysEx dump/restore with MIDI Ox and/or C6 (for Mac OS X)... One rainy day, I believe ;-)

        Bruno
      • D F Tweedie
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
          + 1 for Midi Ox.

          Also, see Prodatum. You can import/export presets (patches) and create your own.

          DF

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 2, 2013
            thanks guys!