Re: turning off song start/stop send messages?

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 23, 2012
      Yeah--I saw that in the eiii manual. Not sure what else may be at work with this issue. Sorry.
      Steve

      --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "dutchbeats" <dutchbeats@...> wrote:

      > the original eiii has the option to turn off external song start/stop receive. the eiiix does not have this feature. every other feature in the midi sub menu is the same as the original eiii except it is missing that parameter : (
      >

      > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "steve_the_composer" <smw-mail@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am not familiar with the e-mu eiii specs or operation. I will see if I have a manual.
      > >
      > > One thing--does the sequencer have a start-on-note-received parameter?
      > >
      > > Another thing, the CS sequencer sends some basic data as sysex when you dial up a sequence. Not sure if that could be the source of your problem. I need to re-read the original post to see when you said the change happened.
      > >
      > > Steve
      > >
      > > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "dutchbeats" <dutchbeats@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > i tried turning the transmit midi clock to off but it still switches the sampler out of the module. i guess i can live with it though, or get an asr-10 instead : /

    • dutchbeats
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 24, 2012
        thanks steve. module is e-mu vernacular for any of the function buttons. digital processing, preset management, master/globals etc. when you press any of these the light next to the button is lit and you can access the menus and functions within. pressing play on the cs takes you out of any of these modules and back to the blank display with the current preset number at the top which is the generic mode it is always in when no module/function buttons are lit

        it is just the play button though not stop or record, and once play is pressed i can go back into any of the modules while it is playing. just a minor wrinkle in the work flow as most sample editing is done when the sequencer is stopped. using the filter in real time with the sequencer or doing any live parameter changes might be challenging but the filter only changes when the sample is retriggered anyway

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 24, 2012
          Thanks for the explanation; it clarifies the problem.

          It is still a mystery as to what kind of data is causing the sampler to jump out of any of the edit modes and into the default preset mode.