Proteum v Prodatum ?

  • K2500X
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2012
      Proud new XL7 owner here!

      How do these two editors stack up against each other?
      Do they basically have the same features?
      Are there pros and cons to both?

      Is there any way to use the editors, and still have a keyboard plugged in to demo the sounds?
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2012
        I would say its very much a matter of personal preference. I suggest trying both and seeing which works best for you.

        The last time I test drove them, both let users play sounds with a keyboard.

        Steve

        --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "K2500X" <ken1978ny@...> wrote:

        > Proud new XL7 owner here!
        >
        > How do these two editors stack up against each other?
        > Do they basically have the same features?
        > Are there pros and cons to both?
        >
        > Is there any way to use the editors, and still have a keyboard plugged in to demo the sounds?

      • igormazzola
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 9, 2012
          Hi there. despite my reluctance to use computers I remember few years ago I have used both (but not exactly what software versions) by the way as Steve suggest "try both and see which works best".
          By using a MIDI Patchbay/Router (I use a MOTU MTP A/V) you could attach more then 1 keyboard with the right settings but I know it's not the case!
          Furthermore I believe are good tools to learn quickly SYSEX messages..

          Sysex messages that "magically show up" at the bottom of the window in Prodatum & Proteum, (related to last controller used and its value), are sent to modify the respective value of that specific parameter onto a Command Station. One day I copied one (to mess up with FX parameters), I checked the MIDI implementation "charm" and then I tried to program an Edirol PCR-30 MIDI controller with no success. I believe there were something missing though!
          Now I own a M-Audio axiom 49 and when I have spare time I will try again..
          Igor