Re: Upgrade to OS 2.0: download fail

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1 6:51 AM
      Steve

    • adrian.gay@btinternet.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 25 3:09 AM
        I just had the same problem trying to upgrade an MP-7 that had OS 1.31. The solution is to first download the bootloader "commandprep10.dli", even though the E-loader documentation says this is unnecessary. Then download the version 2.0 OS.

        All working fine now for me.

        --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "shakerz25" <shakerz25@...> wrote:

        > Trying to upgrade an MP-7 from 1.18 to 2.0. Using a Windows XP PC this time (gave up on using MAC OS 9 Classic--can't open e-loader).
        >
        > Downloaded and installed e-loader, and it looks functional. Downloaded the 2.0 dli file from the E-Mu site as well.
        >
        > But I can't get a complete download of OS 2.0 to the MP-7 before the download fails.
        >
        > The download request from the MP-7 works, I start the download from e-loader (it says the complete download is 557331 bytes), but it fails every time, at different stages of download.
        >
        > Error message on PC says download filed. Error message on the MP-7: "Error Downloading MIDI: Wrong Length."
        >
        > Tried many times; the failure occurs at different points in the download:
        > 1904 bytes
        > 9072 bytes
        > 43680 bytes
        > 100800 bytes
        > 3584 bytes
        > 52976 bytes
        > 18592 bytes
        > 55216 bytes
        > 11872 bytes
        > etc.
        >
        > Is there some MIDI setting on the MP-7 that has to be set? I've tried varying the MIDI Sysex Packet delay, for example (it can be set from 0 milliseconds to 8000). I've also tried changing the Sysex ID from 0 to 1. Download fails the same way every time, at different points in the download.
        >
        > Since the e-loader software seems to work, and at least part of the download works, it looks like the problem is in the MP-7--but this one is in pretty good shape. Any ideas...? How do people get this to WORK...?

      • Greg Waltzer
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 7, 2013
          I have a spare vintage rom for sale - it's one of the hardest to find!
          $250 plus shipping.

          The Vintage Collection Expansion ROM is a 32 MB collection of classic
          keyboard sounds from the '60's, '70's and '80's. With an extensive
          complement of tonewheel organs, suitcase pianos, analog and digital
          synthesizers, Vintage Collection is an indispensable tool for musicians
          playing almost any kind of music, from classic rock and blues to the
          latest in dance music productions. These keyboard sounds have a timeless
          appeal that fits almost every genre of music. Vintage Colletion offers
          you over thirty classic keyboards in a single expansion ROM. And every
          preset is set up to control a host of synthesis and filter parameters
          via the real-time controllers found on every E-MU Module, Command
          Stations & Keyboard. Put three decades of authentic keyboard sounds to
          work in your instrument today and hear why Vintage Collection is an
          instant classic.

          The Vintage ROM is Compatible with All Emu Proteus 2000 Series Instruments:

          *Sound Modules: Proteus 1000/2000/2500, Xtreme Lead-1 (XL-1), Mo'Phatt,
          Virtuoso 2000, Orbit 3, Vintage Pro, B-3, Planet Earth, plus all Turbo
          Models
          *Keyboards: Ensoniq Halo, MK-6, PK-6, XK-6, & Vintage Keys
          *Command Stations: MP-7, PX-7, & XL-7
        • Greg Waltzer
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
            now listed on ebay:
            http://www.ebay.com/itm/321059784005?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
              Anyone interested in a user group meeting for emu command station/proteus?
              It would be during the electro-music festival, Sept 6-8 in Huguenot, NY.
            • gary higgins
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 28, 2013
                I would, for me at least-it's on the east coast-nice idea! Would be great seeing how others work and what they end up with-I'm pretty sure we each approach it in a unique way.

                Anyone interested in a user group meeting for emu command station/proteus?
                It would be during the electro-music festival, Sept 6-8 in Huguenot, NY.
              • just john
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 31, 2013
                  Hey, that looks like only 70 miles from me, as the Google flies!

                  (Tho I'm afraid I have about ONE useful tip to share, when it comes to the XL-7, and that's this: Set up a one-voiced patch on one channel and feed a few different pattern tracks into it. Then have fun muting and unmuting the patterns as they play.)

                  I see the website is still about last year's iteration: http://event.electro-music.com/

                  The schedule looks pretty structured. And I'm surprised at the lack of headphones in the photos. I was imagining this would be ideal for JamHub-style playing, with each person being able to mix the players to their own satisfaction.

                  How much are tickets, etc?

                  --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, gary higgins wrote:

                  > I would, for me at least-it's on the east coast-nice idea! Would be great seeing how others work and what they end up with-I'm pretty sure we each approach it in a unique way.

                • Jason Budris
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 2, 2013
                    Do you still have this?