prodatum bug?

  • laszlozizics
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 5 3:55 AM
      hi all,.
      i try to create instruments with the latest prodatum v1.0.0
      but i cant change the wavforms with prodatum only in my CS can change it

      any idea why?
      all other things work fine
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 5 7:02 AM
        I haven't done much with Prodatum in a while. The problem could be caused by several things, and possible solutions range from making sure Prodatum is connected properly and you are working with >>User<< presets to uninstalling any earlier versions and doing a clean reinstallation of the newest version.

        If older versions worked for you, make sure to retain the zip files in case you want to try those again.

        Hope this helps.

        Steve

        --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "laszlozizics" <fantahs@...> wrote:

        > hi all,.
        > i try to create instruments with the latest prodatum v1.0.0
        > but i cant change the wavforms with prodatum only in my CS can change it
        >
        > any idea why?
        > all other things work fine

      • laszlozizics
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9 10:43 AM
          did not help,
          im delet and reset all the data files,
          re download prodatum
          then i need 20time to rescan my device, coz prodatum always stop the sysex rom reading...

          then it works, but still cant change waveforms...

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 10 8:16 AM
            I will look to see if I have Prodatum 1.0 installed to test for the problem you are having. If I don't have it, I will download the latest version and try that.

            Which ROMs doe you have and what OS are you using?

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 10 9:40 AM
              Well, I think I recreated the bug. Here's what happened:

              I sucessfully changed a preset's ROM instrument on layer 1 and saved it. I did that a few more times.

              Then I went out to do some errands. I was out for about an hour and let the program and the hardware exactly as it was.

              Next, I tried doing the same thing with a ROM Instrument from a different ROM. I tried 3 different ways to save it:
              (1) File > Save
              (2) Program (right panel) Save > Target/Save
              (3) Changing to another User Preset and chhosing to Save rather than Dismiss.

              The changed preset did not get saved. So, I tried to make a change using a ROM instrument from the the same ROM as the original. That wouldn't save, either.

              I will try to replicate this test. If it happens again, I'd say there's a big somewhere. I will let you know the results.

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 10 10:11 AM
                OK. I got it to work. I am not sure, but perhaps my previous attempt was "User Error" on my part. After rebooting my E-Mu and then Prodatum 1.0.0, here's what seems to have worked.

                1. Select User Preset (right hand panel of Prodatum: MAIN / PROGRAM).
                2. Edit it. (I changed the ROM instrument on Layer 1.)
                3. Press SAVE on the right hand panel in Prodatum. PROGRAM becomes TARGET; SAVE turns red. You are now in save mode.
                4. Select target slot and double click. (You can do this in 1 step or two.)
                5. Press SAVE again to take Prodatum out of save mode. TARGET becomes PROGRAM; SAVE changes back from red.

                A few other things:
                There is a warning on the download site not to use Windows drivers for your midi interface, but to use the manufacturer's drivers. This could cause a problem. I recently played around with Win7. XP used to not find drivers so you had to use manufacturer's drivers, but evidently Win7 finds Microsoft drivers it thinks will work, but they don't. I have read comments about this, too.

                Make sure in the Open Device dialog your E-Mu box and all installed ROMs are listed correctly.

                I am planning to do some more testing on my own, but please try the above steps and let me know the results. I hope it works for you.

                Steve