Re: [xl7] Re: Still a call for blank ROMs?

  • Zsolt Szabó
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 7, 2010
      Count me as well (Hungary too).

      Regards,

      Zsolt | http://adsr.hu

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Szonyi András" <andras@...>
      To: <xl7@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, January 07, 2010 12:27 PM
      Subject: Re: [xl7] Re: Still a call for blank ROMs?

      > On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, Atom Smasher wrote:
      >
      >> On Wed, 6 Jan 2010, Jack Pratt wrote:
      >>
      >>> - just musing on the costs of things
      >> ================
      >>
      >> IMHO, the only sane way to approach a project of this scale is to think in
      >> terms of making what you want made, and having a small subsidy or small
      >> economy of scale consisting of others who also want it.
      >>
      >> for the prices you're talking about, i'll definitely buy one for my XL7. a
      >> may also buy a second one, and a 1U proteus to put it in.
      >>

      > I would be interested too (from Hungary).
      >

      > Andrew
      >

      >> --
      >> ...atom
      >>
      >> ________________________
      >> http://atom.smasher.org/
      >> 762A 3B98 A3C3 96C9 C6B7 582A B88D 52E4 D9F5 7808
      >>
      >> "Patriotism is the willingness to kill
      >> and be killed for trivial reasons."
      >> -- Bertrand Russell

    • Jack Pratt
      Message 39 of 39 , Aug 2, 2010

        I would expect that once the board is ready that there would be software to compile your own 'ROM' images from a variety of sources [such as .wav files or other formats (perhaps .e4b files)] and generate preset information as well. Then download them at your leisure.

        The biggest problem would be that until you hear the sounds you wouldn't know what presets would sound good, so the same software would probably need to also allow the user to "upgrade" the image with better presets from the user presets (perhaps through/via sysex)

        The whole point of the new FLASH SIMM is to allow the owner/operator to put their own sounds through the effects/filters of the P2K series modules rather than being locked into the limits of whats available/affordable from ebay.

        Not sure about the mad scientist sleight...