Re: [xl7] prodatum v0.39

  • Paul Vickers
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 3, 2009
      Hi there

      I've been a lurker on this list for a long while. I just downloaded
      prodatum 0.40 to use with my P2500k. Now here's the problem -- I don't
      know how to get started. I've connected the Midisport 2x2 to my
      Macbook Pro, I've hooked its output to the P25k's MIDI in and the
      P25k's OUT A to the input on the Midisport. I run Prodatum and select
      the MIDI sport as the I/O devices.

      So far so good, but then what? I have a lot of empty parameter screens
      on prodatum and pulling up its keyboard screen and pressing piano keys
      doesn't lead to any sound on the P25k.

      a) am I just missing something completely obvious here?
      b) can I upload the current settings of the P25k into prodatum for
      editing?

      Sorry for the naive questions but I am a bit stuck here...

      Thanks

      paul

      On 8 Sep 2009, at 21:05, Jane wrote:

      > greetings,
      >
      > i have just uploaded v0.39. it supports config file selection from the
      > command line which is useful for people with multiple modules as you
      > can now have one config for each device, completely with MIDI setup,
      > color scheme and all those preferences; see the hints page for
      > examples on how to use that new switch. this version also tries to
      > hide stuff that i assumed to be there but is not (eg some ROMs don't
      > come with arpeggios or riffs and we don't want them to show up in the
      > rom selectors/browsers). please let me know of any problems you might
      > encounter, my ROMs all have riffs and arpeggios. please also let me
      > know about anything that still looks odd (like lots of 'ff' or '(not
      > installed)' or similar entries in the browsers.
      >
      > changelog for v0.39:
      >
      > * further cleanups (removed dump test routines, no longer needed, yay)
      > * new cli option '-c' allows to load a different config file (useful
      > for using prodatum with multiple devices)
      > * stop riff loading when we receive an 'ff' riff name
      > * some ROMs don't have arpeggios; we don't want those to show up in
      > the ROM selectors (needs testing, please report problems)
      > * "force controls to selected channels" enabled by default
      > * "Confirm Exit" defaults to off
      > * changed default color scheme
      > * Mac version compiled on Snow Leopard (v0.38 was SL compatible
      > already, Tiger/Leopard and PPC platforms still supported)
      >
      > cheers,
      > Jan

    • Jane
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 4, 2009
        hi paul,

        On Oct 3, 2009, at 14:35, Paul Vickers wrote:

        > Hi there
        >
        > I've been a lurker on this list for a long while. I just downloaded
        > prodatum 0.40 to use with my P2500k. Now here's the problem -- I don't
        > know how to get started. I've connected the Midisport 2x2 to my
        > Macbook Pro, I've hooked its output to the P25k's MIDI in and the
        > P25k's OUT A to the input on the Midisport. I run Prodatum and select
        > the MIDI sport as the I/O devices.
        >
        > So far so good, but then what?

        Press the "Open" button in that dialog. :)

        > I have a lot of empty parameter screens
        > on prodatum and pulling up its keyboard screen and pressing piano keys
        > doesn't lead to any sound on the P25k.
        >
        > a) am I just missing something completely obvious here?
        > b) can I upload the current settings of the P25k into prodatum for
        > editing?
        >
        > Sorry for the naive questions but I am a bit stuck here...
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > paul
        >

        > On 8 Sep 2009, at 21:05, Jane wrote:
        >
        >> greetings,
        >>
        >> i have just uploaded v0.39. it supports config file selection from
        >> the
        >> command line which is useful for people with multiple modules as you
        >> can now have one config for each device, completely with MIDI setup,
        >> color scheme and all those preferences; see the hints page for
        >> examples on how to use that new switch. this version also tries to
        >> hide stuff that i assumed to be there but is not (eg some ROMs don't
        >> come with arpeggios or riffs and we don't want them to show up in the
        >> rom selectors/browsers). please let me know of any problems you might
        >> encounter, my ROMs all have riffs and arpeggios. please also let me
        >> know about anything that still looks odd (like lots of 'ff' or '(not
        >> installed)' or similar entries in the browsers.
        >>
        >> changelog for v0.39:
        >>
        >> * further cleanups (removed dump test routines, no longer needed,
        >> yay)
        >> * new cli option '-c' allows to load a different config file (useful
        >> for using prodatum with multiple devices)
        >> * stop riff loading when we receive an 'ff' riff name
        >> * some ROMs don't have arpeggios; we don't want those to show up in
        >> the ROM selectors (needs testing, please report problems)
        >> * "force controls to selected channels" enabled by default
        >> * "Confirm Exit" defaults to off
        >> * changed default color scheme
        >> * Mac version compiled on Snow Leopard (v0.38 was SL compatible
        >> already, Tiger/Leopard and PPC platforms still supported)
        >>
        >> cheers,
        >> Jan

      • Paul Vickers
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 4, 2009
          d'oh!

          *** embarrassed face ***

          I had accidentally plugged the midi cable into OUT-B on the MidiSport
          thinking it was OUT-A, hence the Open button was always greyed out.

          *** wanders off feeling very foolish ***