Dealing with unquantized notes.

  • nifflas
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      I have problems when working with the grid editor. It has problems
      with some of the unquantized notes - I can't remove them by pressing
      the erate button / setting the velocity to zero. If I would change
      the velocity of the note-on, it doubles into two notes by no reason...

      This only happends to some (not all) unquantized notes tho.

      If you don't know what I mean, just set set up an empty pattern,
      record something (Turn quantize OFF), then go into grid editor and
      you'll see that there's some notes you can't remove by pressing the
      erase button or setting the velocity to zero...

      //Nifflas
    • erik_magrini@Baxter.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 4, 2002

        Yeah I get that too, and Emu are aware of it.  Hopefully in the next OS it'll get fixed, I think Aaron said that was one of the fixes in there.  For now the only way to get rid of it is in the Note Editor, or an external sequencer.

        rEalm

        "nifflas" <nifflas@...>

        03/01/02 03:29 AM
        Please respond to xl7

                To:        xl7@yahoogroups.com
                cc:
                Subject:        [xl7] Dealing with unquantized notes.

        I have problems when working with the grid editor. It has problems
        with some of the unquantized notes - I can't remove them by pressing
        the erate button / setting the velocity to zero. If I would change
        the velocity of the note-on, it doubles into two notes by no reason...

        This only happends to some (not all) unquantized notes tho.

        If you don't know what I mean, just set set up an empty pattern,
        record something (Turn quantize OFF), then go into grid editor and
        you'll see that there's some notes you can't remove by pressing the
        erase button or setting the velocity to zero...

        //Nifflas

        FREE COLLEGE MONEY
        CLICK HERE to search
        600,000 scholarships!