help w/ Midi A/B & prog. change

  • emuxl7
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
      he110 group-
      thanx for this resource.
      I would like to use int. seq. and send same notes to ext. source with
      prog. change.is that possible?

      from what I understand- i may need to dedicate 1(or more) of the
      sixteen tracks
      to ONLY send prog. change or note on/off? (need on/off on a track for
      midi mixer and lights)(need prog change for external synth to double
      xl7 internal)

      this info below that Aaron provided about "multi" may be the key i'm
      missing....but i also thought there was something about not being
      able to transmit prog. change out either midi A/B.

      I try to keep up on posts(alot of great info) and i have been
      scouring the manual(with about 12 other manuals) trying to wrap my
      head around all the midi implementation.
      so many menu options in xl7 - i may be chasing my tail. :]

      > Also, remember that none of the sequencer tracks target any of
      the 'B' channels. If you're trying to sequence more than 16 channels,
      you'll need to set (at least) one track to be a "Multi" track - near
      the end of the Pattern screen. If you're just trying to use different
      channels (less than 16 unique, even if they're B channels), go to the
      same routing screen and just pick 1B (or whatever channel(s) you'd
      like). Finally, remember that you need to have note data recorded on
      the track for it to save preset info...

      > -Aaron

      Love this machine!
      I have xl7 with stock card/proteus/TSCY/ensonique card
      and for years i have only been using it to write drum/synth sequences.
      Then i solo each track and record audio into Nuendo software to
      manipulate and add git/bass/vox/synth.
      I am finally going to unleash the power and get the most out of this
      machine with my hardware setup.
      XL7/ ES-1 / EA-1 / MVS-1 / K-station / Six-Track / Matrix6 / JX3P /
      GR-700 / MM-1 midi mixer / MX8 midi router

      thanx for any help and reading long post.
      best-
      Mach
      www.machfox.com
    • Mauricio Balma
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2008
        hello!

        I don't know if this is a common issue, but my transposition buttons and the ribbon controller went "mad"...
        You know, the two transposition buttons have 3 lights down, a center (no red light) and 3 lights up, on the 12 notes transposition scales. .
        If I'm on the center, I have no problems with the sound, but if I go up or down, the patch where I'm positioned go mad with the pitch bend range.

        If the patch has a default pitchbend range of -2 +2, the patch starts to alternate on the  pitchbend, like if I where touching the ribbon controller.  I had to reset almost all my patches to 0 pitchbend range, but no way to fix this with preset patches.

        If there's a solution for this problem let me know, but it seems like a hardware problem :(

        ---