Can I Record Arp on/off into my sequences?

  • dutchbeats
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
      Hey all, I tried to record myself turning the arp on/off into my songs
      but not go. I just want it to arpeggiate when the breakdown comes and
      then shut of and maybe add it a few other times in the song also. How
      can I do this?
    • Keith Young
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2008
        Off the top of my head, yo could set up a contoller to control the Arp
        Velocity. In the Preset Patch cords, Midi K is probably controlling the
        Arp Velocity and is set to a value of 100. If you make it -100, then
        with Midi K in the zero (default) position you get the full Arp and in
        the max position you get no Arp.
        Regards,
        Keith

        --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "dutchbeats" <dutchbeats@...> wrote:

        > Hey all, I tried to record myself turning the arp on/off into my songs
        > but not go. I just want it to arpeggiate when the breakdown comes and
        > then shut of and maybe add it a few other times in the song also. How
        > can I do this?

      • Aaron Eppolito
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
          Cool idea - I never thought of that. You can with controller 80 (I think - either that or 79 or 81). Set a track you've already recorded stuff into to external and you can see the events that the sequencer puts in at tick 0. One of those messages (79, 80 or 81) is for Arp, and one is for Sub/out. Can't remember which offhand...

          -Aaron

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
            Thanks Keith! I was able to use the Preset Patch Cords to turn on/off
            the arp but realized I will have to make a duplicate track just for
            the arp since I can only either hear the track with the arp on or not
            hear the track at all. I want to hear the track with no arp and then
            bring in the arp now and then. More questions coming soon!

            --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Young" <emigr8@...> wrote:

            > Off the top of my head, yo could set up a contoller to control the Arp
            > Velocity. In the Preset Patch cords, Midi K is probably controlling the
            > Arp Velocity and is set to a value of 100. If you make it -100, then
            > with Midi K in the zero (default) position you get the full Arp and in
            > the max position you get no Arp.
            > Regards,
            > Keith
            >
            > --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "dutchbeats" <dutchbeats@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hey all, I tried to record myself turning the arp on/off into my songs
            > > but not go. I just want it to arpeggiate when the breakdown comes and
            > > then shut of and maybe add it a few other times in the song also. How
            > > can I do this?

          • dutchbeats
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2008
              I think I found a solution. I made a duplicate track with the arp set
              to on and I just mute and unmute whenever the break comes. Which
              brings me to my next question:

              In song mode I lay down a bunch of the same pattern and go through
              after in real-time record and mute and unmute tracks on the fly,
              however, each time the pattern loops all of the original mute/unmute
              track settings are returned! how can I work around this?

              PS - I checked the manual and the external cc for arp is 80: 0=off,
              1=on, 2=preset, 3=master

              Cheers