Re: default knob parameters and expansion ROMs

    Message 1 of 2 , May 25, 2007
      In a word, no.

      Here's the reason: the ROM presets have preset definitions in ROM. One
      of the nice things about the E-MU P2K synth engine is the
      programmability of the patch cords. Of course, to change the presets,
      you'd have to save them in USER RAM, which you don't want to do.

      There MAY be a work around, though. Unfortunately, I don't have any
      expansion ROMs, but perhaps you can give this workaround a try:

      1. Find out what controllers are assigned in the Sound ROM Presets to
      the corresponding front panel labels.
      2. In the CONTROLLERS menu system change the CC# for the Realtime
      Controllers.

      To do this, you'd probably have to make a matrix of the controllers
      (MidiA --> MidiL) and see if they are assigned consistently to the
      functions labelled on the front panel in the patchcords. If they match
      up, you might be able to use this work around.

      And if it works, you would probably have to use a different multi for
      12-controller Sound ROMS and 16-controller Sound ROMS.

      Another workaround might be to use the knobs in Programmable mode and
      may the controllers to the default controllers of the 12-controller
      sound ROMS.

      Again, I am not sure these will work and what the drawbacks might be
      if they work somewhat, but I thought I'd mention these as
      possibilities.

      Good luck.

      --Steve

      --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "D. Clowers" <dclowerstx@...> wrote:

      > Hi folks,
      > I've been using an MP-7 for a few years now, and love it.
      > One thing that is kind of annoying is that when using
      > an expansion ROM, the controller knob functions do not follow
      > the command station defaults when using presets from that ROM.
      > In other words, it doesnt use the controller functions printed
      > on the box.

      [snip]