changing midi channels sends an external MIDI message

  • malik
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2007
      hi there.
      i'm sure there must be some setting im missing but when i change a
      midi channel i get a cc=3 in my software that i'm trying to control.
      the reason this is a problem is cause i'm trying to create a filter
      that controls the software for certain situations. does anyone know
      how i can fix this?
      i looked in my manual and here's no parameter listed for cc 3.

      and page 44 doesn't mention anything about data being transmitted when
      you change a channel.
    • malik
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2007
        it seems to have something to do with channels being set to both or
        external. but if set to internal, they dont send a message while
        switching channels.

        there must be another reason why it would do this somewhere else in
        the options. but this fixes this issue for now. i'll refamiliarize
        myself with this system soon anyway, cause i've found great reasons
        to.