Re: XL 7 Group question about support and repairs

  • smwither2002
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "Gabriel" <GABRIELSCOTT@...> wrote:

      > HI,
      > Does anyone know where to find support for XL-7 or info on anyone
      who does repairs on
      > XL 7's (preferably in or around SF, CA but interested in anyone).
      I have been to the Emu
      > site and it seems they have turned their backs on the comand
      stations completely. Mine is
      > acting very strange all of a sudden. It has always been a bit
      touchy with the use of the
      > buttons and, and using Midi has always made it act a bit strange
      too. But I came to just
      > accept that these units just have a few bugs.
      > But I now am unable to change the sound that is triggered by the
      key pads. The info in
      > the preset changes but it will not trigger the proper sounds. ie.
      it only stays on/plays the
      > hybrid kit which is set for track 1 despite changing to other
      tracks or changing to other
      > preset settings even for track 1. Although when I play any of my
      recorded patterns or
      > songs everything plays fine. I began working on a new song today
      and nothing but hybrid
      > drums no matter what. Has anyone had any similar problems or have
      any advice.
      > I'd appreciate any help or suggestions
      > Thanks
      > Gabriel

      One thing to try: Make sure that the Receive Program Change function
      under the MIDI menu (11th item) is On. This can cause some issues
      if it's set off and you change patterns.
    • ed mann
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 5, 2006
        Repair and support for these Command Stations etc is
        done by EPR in Florida. Emu has the info.

        --------

        http://mail.yahoo.com