Re: [xl7] routing external audio into the mp7

  • Mibrilane
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 5, 2006
      On 1/5/06 6:44 AM, "Mibrilane" <mibrilane@...> wrote:

      > On 1/5/06 1:53 AM, "antret" <antret@...> wrote:
      >
      >> just got my mp7 today! quick question: it seems from the manual that
      >> one can route external audio (eg, from a korg emx) into the XX-7
      >> series, but it is not very clear to me yet. is it simple? or as
      >> complicated as they make it sound. so far ive been impressed with how
      >> easy it is to get around on this thing
      >
      > There are no audio inputs on the Command Stations (or any E-mu module, for
      > that matter).
      >
      > --
      > Mibrilane

      I forgot about the sub outs having effects return ability. That's a "duh"
      moment for sure.

      --
      Mibrilane
    • gonzinigonz
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 6, 2006
        easily forgotten that one, wouldnt of thought most people would even
        use it like that.
        Setting the levels up is a pain anyway..
        Gonz

        > I forgot about the sub outs having effects return ability. That's
        >a "duh"
        > moment for sure.
        >
        > --
        > Mibrilane

      • antret
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
          im sure its not an ideal setup, but i was looking for a quick and
          dirty way to monitor some other 'grooveboxes' when im not near the
          mixer. i havent actually tried it yet, so it may be too much
          hassle..... i'll find out soon enough!

          --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "gonzinigonz" <gonzini@f...> wrote:

          > easily forgotten that one, wouldnt of thought most people would even
          > use it like that.
          > Setting the levels up is a pain anyway..
          > Gonz
          >
          > > I forgot about the sub outs having effects return ability. That's
          > >a "duh"
          > > moment for sure.
          > >
          > > --
          > > Mibrilane

        • gonzinigonz
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 8, 2006
            just watch the levels coming back in, it might rip your head off if
            you not carefull..
            I tryed it with a waldorf pulse, theres no global output volume with
            that, its all on a patch by patch basis.. i gave it up in the end as
            it was to much work to go through and edit all the sounds.
            Other synths and stuff should be ok though.
            Gonz