ROMs

  • smwither2002
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
      Does anyone (at Emu?) know if there will be any more new ROMs
      available? Or are the ones left on the website all that will be
      offered?
    • Cornell
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
        I've recently purchased alot of stuff for the new home studio. I'm not a pro at mixing so I purchased a small Behringer UB802 mixer to learn on. Well, I'm tired of this peice of NOISY crap already. I can't figure out how to remove the noise/hiss from the recording using Sound Forge 6.0 so I figure I'll get another mixer but still not spend alot of money. I was told that the Yamaha MG10/2, while inexpensive, is pretty good and has very low noise/hiss. Does anyone have any experience with this mixer? I understand that Mackie makes really good mixers and the 1202VLZ for nearly $400 is on my list for future purchase but for now $100 is what I'd like to spend for purposes of learning a mixer.

        One more thing, does anyone have any experience with Sound Forge 6.0? I believe that this good audio editor can remove the noise but I can't figure it out. I just use the presets right now.

        Thanks.

        Brotha Cee

      • epilogue0282
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
          MG10/2 = Get it. Immediately.

          Yes, Mackie makes decent mixers, but they are horrendously
          overpriced, thanks to the fact that they trade on their name almost
          as much as they trade on their products. I'd honestly only
          reccommend Mackie if you were in the market for a large format
          mixer. I've had my 10/2 for about 6 months and the noise/signal
          ratio is incredible, even sitting right next to my monitor. Also has
          2 onboard aux sends (one pre, one post), phantom power, headphone
          monitoring and so on. Add to that the fact that the four preamps are
          great, the little bugger is compact, and it's $200 less than the
          next comparable mixer.. it just wins on all fronts :). Awesome buy!

          /.e

          --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, Cornell <brothacee@y...> wrote:

          > I've recently purchased alot of stuff for the new home studio.
          I'm not a pro at mixing so I purchased a small Behringer UB802 mixer
          to learn on. Well, I'm tired of this peice of NOISY crap already.
          I can't figure out how to remove the noise/hiss from the recording
          using Sound Forge 6.0 so I figure I'll get another mixer but still
          not spend alot of money. I was told that the Yamaha MG10/2, while
          inexpensive, is pretty good and has very low noise/hiss. Does anyone
          have any experience with this mixer? I understand that Mackie makes
          really good mixers and the 1202VLZ for nearly $400 is on my list for
          future purchase but for now $100 is what I'd like to spend for
          purposes of learning a mixer.

          > One more thing, does anyone have any experience with Sound Forge
          6.0? I believe that this good audio editor can remove the noise but
          I can't figure it out. I just use the presets right now.

          > Thanks.
          >
          > Brotha Cee

        • Cornell
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2004
            Thanks Epilogue. I just needed to hear one person who wasn't a salesperson at some online company tell me their opinion. The low noise is big thing for me as it should be with any producer. I'm buying it now. Thanks again.

            epilogue0282 <yahoo@...> wrote: MG10/2 = Get it. Immediately.

            Yes, Mackie makes decent mixers, but they are horrendously
            overpriced, thanks to the fact that they trade on their name almost
            as much as they trade on their products. I'd honestly only
            reccommend Mackie if you were in the market for a large format
            mixer. I've had my 10/2 for about 6 months and the noise/signal
            ratio is incredible, even sitting right next to my monitor. Also has
            2 onboard aux sends (one pre, one post), phantom power, headphone
            monitoring and so on. Add to that the fact that the four preamps are
            great, the little bugger is compact, and it's $200 less than the
            next comparable mixer.. it just wins on all fronts :). Awesome buy!

            /.e

            --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, Cornell <brothacee@y...> wrote:

            > I've recently purchased alot of stuff for the new home studio.
            I'm not a pro at mixing so I purchased a small Behringer UB802 mixer
            to learn on. Well, I'm tired of this peice of NOISY crap already.
            I can't figure out how to remove the noise/hiss from the recording
            using Sound Forge 6.0 so I figure I'll get another mixer but still
            not spend alot of money. I was told that the Yamaha MG10/2, while
            inexpensive, is pretty good and has very low noise/hiss. Does anyone
            have any experience with this mixer? I understand that Mackie makes
            really good mixers and the 1202VLZ for nearly $400 is on my list for
            future purchase but for now $100 is what I'd like to spend for
            purposes of learning a mixer.

            > One more thing, does anyone have any experience with Sound Forge
            6.0? I believe that this good audio editor can remove the noise but
            I can't figure it out. I just use the presets right now.

            > Thanks.
            >
            > Brotha Cee

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            Cornell

          • patrick a thomas
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
              Here's a second person: the Yamaha boards give much bang for their price.
              Get the MG - low to no noise! We use a GA series and it is great!

              Thanks Epilogue. I just needed to hear one person who wasn't a salesperson
              at some online company tell me their opinion. The low noise is big thing for
              me as it should be with any producer. I'm buying it now. Thanks again.

              epilogue0282 <yahoo@...> wrote: MG10/2 = Get it. Immediately.

              Yes, Mackie makes decent mixers, but they are horrendously
              overpriced, thanks to the fact that they trade on their name almost
              as much as they trade on their products. I'd honestly only
              reccommend Mackie if you were in the market for a large format
              mixer. I've had my 10/2 for about 6 months and the noise/signal
              ratio is incredible, even sitting right next to my monitor. Also has
              2 onboard aux sends (one pre, one post), phantom power, headphone
              monitoring and so on. Add to that the fact that the four preamps are
              great, the little bugger is compact, and it's $200 less than the
              next comparable mixer.. it just wins on all fronts :). Awesome buy!

              /.e

              --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, Cornell <brothacee@y...> wrote:

              > I've recently purchased alot of stuff for the new home studio.
              I'm not a pro at mixing so I purchased a small Behringer UB802 mixer
              to learn on. Well, I'm tired of this peice of NOISY crap already.
              I can't figure out how to remove the noise/hiss from the recording
              using Sound Forge 6.0 so I figure I'll get another mixer but still
              not spend alot of money. I was told that the Yamaha MG10/2, while
              inexpensive, is pretty good and has very low noise/hiss. Does anyone
              have any experience with this mixer? I understand that Mackie makes
              really good mixers and the 1202VLZ for nearly $400 is on my list for
              future purchase but for now $100 is what I'd like to spend for
              purposes of learning a mixer.

              > One more thing, does anyone have any experience with Sound Forge
              6.0? I believe that this good audio editor can remove the noise but
              I can't figure it out. I just use the presets right now.

              > Thanks.
              >
              > Brotha Cee

              Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              Cornell

              _____

              Yahoo! Groups Links

            • epilogue0282
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
                Another quick note - my brother has had the same Yamaha mixer for
                the last 18 years and it's still working like a champ - not a single
                problem yet. Try getting that with a Mackie ;)

                /.jacob

                --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, "patrick a thomas" <revpathomas@y...>
                wrote:
                > Here's a second person: the Yamaha boards give much bang for
                their price.
                > Get the MG - low to no noise! We use a GA series and it is great!

                Service.

                > Cornell

                > _____
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

                of

              • calvin alley
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
                  ---------------------------------

                  Cornell <brothacee@...>

                  whats up , ive seen ur studio and its tight u got somthin to work with now i see

                  when we come down there i got some where we can do music!

                  calvin

                  wrote: Thanks Epilogue. I just needed to hear one person who wasn't a salesperson at some online company tell me their opinion. The low noise is big thing for me as it should be with any producer. I'm buying it now. Thanks again.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
                    No doubt dawg. It's on. I'm gone get this Yamaha mixer. I hear it's a good one. At some point, I want to get a dedicated keyboard controller and stop using my Yamaha keyboard. I sometimes have a problem with rapid fire notes. But for now, I got enough for demos. Yo, I let this cat that I'm gone be producing for hear some of your tracks on that sample cd you gave me last year. He was awed and wants to use some of your tracks for his project if he and his crew can ever get things together. I told him that you gone have to come up with some ends. I'm giving him a track or two for free if they're going to put something together.

                    Cornell <brothacee@...>

                    whats up , ive seen ur studio and its tight u got somthin to work with now i see

                    when we come down there i got some where we can do music!

                    calvin

                    wrote: Thanks Epilogue. I just needed to hear one person who wasn't a salesperson at some online company tell me their opinion. The low noise is big thing for me as it should be with any producer. I'm buying it now. Thanks again.

                    epilogue0282 <yahoo@...> wrote: MG10/2 = Get it. Immediately.

                    Yes, Mackie makes decent mixers, but they are horrendously
                    overpriced, thanks to the fact that they trade on their name almost
                    as much as they trade on their products. I'd honestly only
                    reccommend Mackie if you were in the market for a large format
                    mixer. I've had my 10/2 for about 6 months and the noise/signal
                    ratio is incredible, even sitting right next to my monitor. Also has
                    2 onboard aux sends (one pre, one post), phantom power, headphone
                    monitoring and so on. Add to that the fact that the four preamps are
                    great, the little bugger is compact, and it's $200 less than the
                    next comparable mixer.. it just wins on all fronts :). Awesome buy!

                    /.e

                    --- In xl7@yahoogroups.com, Cornell <brothacee@y...> wrote:

                    > I've recently purchased alot of stuff for the new home studio.
                    I'm not a pro at mixing so I purchased a small Behringer UB802 mixer
                    to learn on. Well, I'm tired of this peice of NOISY crap already.
                    I can't figure out how to remove the noise/hiss from the recording
                    using Sound Forge 6.0 so I figure I'll get another mixer but still
                    not spend alot of money. I was told that the Yamaha MG10/2, while
                    inexpensive, is pretty good and has very low noise/hiss. Does anyone
                    have any experience with this mixer? I understand that Mackie makes
                    really good mixers and the 1202VLZ for nearly $400 is on my list for
                    future purchase but for now $100 is what I'd like to spend for
                    purposes of learning a mixer.

                    > One more thing, does anyone have any experience with Sound Forge
                    6.0? I believe that this good audio editor can remove the noise but
                    I can't figure it out. I just use the presets right now.

                    > Thanks.
                    >
                    > Brotha Cee

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    Cornell

                    Cornell

                  • Bruddah Max
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 2, 2004
                      epilogue0282 wrote:

                      > Another quick note - my brother has had the same Yamaha mixer for
                      > the last 18 years and it's still working like a champ - not a single
                      > problem yet. Try getting that with a Mackie ;)

                      well i've had a Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro and now a DFX-12 (wanted a mixer that
                      could do dual duty "studio" and "stage" work - nice built in effects too -
                      real keen) and both are very solid, very very very low noise and generally
                      pro all around.

                      for the price though the Yammy MG10/2 is probably the best mixer under $100
                      new. move to their 12 channel models and there is some competition. Alesis
                      has a 6 channel with effects for under $100 - amazing what one can buy these
                      days.

                      i also have a Behringer MX-602A - not sure they're made anymore, but for a
                      cheap 2 mic/line + 2 stereo line mixer it's quiet and sturdy. the new UB
                      series seems noisier despite their claim of lots of acronyms (IMP invisible
                      mic preamps, ULN ultra low noise!).

                      --
                      Bruddah Max
                      Lord of the Dance
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 3, 2004
                        I don't know much about the Yamaha mixer, their digital mixers are pure crap though. Living
                        in Mackie-Land as I do, I know a few Mackoids who work there or who have worked there. They are
                        not at all overpriced for what they offer, if anything they are a remarkable bargain. Get the
                        Yamaha now if you are on a budget, and save up for the real thing when you can afford it. Of
                        course there are mixers out there much quieter than a Mackie... at two or three times the price.

                        Cool Edit Pro (now Adobe Audition) has some very cool noise and hiss reduction offerings.
                        Though nothing beats not having noise in the first place.

                        Stephen

                        http://search.yahoo.com/top2003
                      • erik_magrini@Baxter.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 5, 2004
                          Somehow I think the Mackie would be just fine as well. My 1202 is the
                          oldest thing in my studio, and it still works and looks like brand new...

                          rEalm

                          wrote:
                          > Here's a second person: the Yamaha boards give much bang for
                          their price.
                          > Get the MG - low to no noise! We use a GA series and it is great!

                          Yahoo! Groups Links

                          To visit your group on the web, go to:

                          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity
                          to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally
                          privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than
                          the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
                          or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other
                          use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by
                          receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the
                          material from any computer.

                          For Translation:

                          http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer