Does xenu take advantage of Multi-core 64 bit windows?

  • jack tripper
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2008
      Does xenu take advantage of Multi-core 64 bit windows?

      Wondering how many more threads xenu can take with those CPU's?
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2008
        On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:08:23 -0800 (PST), jack tripper wrote:

        >Does xenu take advantage of Multi-core 64 bit windows?

        Not really, because the background threads don't do much CPU work. They
        just fetch the pages.

        >Wondering how many more threads xenu can take with those CPU's?

        I was able to run 100 threads on Windows 98 already. It doesn't make
        much sense, especially if you're checking just one server. Too many
        threads may annoy your firewall or your ISP.