Re: checking links in javascript

    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 30, 2004
      hi tilman,

      here's a single page:

      http://www.intel.com/personal/computing/emea/deu/unwire/events.htm

      with many popup links of the type:

      - javascript:openSite('http://www.mycloud.net')

      btw, this whole /unwire/ section:

      http://www.intel.com/personal/computing/emea/deu/unwire/

      of only 229 links has a whole variety of popup functions, of
      different kinds:

      - javascript:openWin
      ('http://www.intel.com/products/benchmarks/notebook/index.htm','700',
      '600','auto','no','no','yes','5','5','win');
      - javascript:openSite('http://www.Wi-Fi.org/OpenSection/glossary.asp?
      TID=2')
      - javascript:openSite
      ('/corporate/buy/emea/deu/jump/cons/centrino_m/toshiba_de.htm');
      - javascript:openJump
      ('http://www.intel.com/support/network/wireless/pro5000/onlineusergui
      de/admin/survey.htm');

      the one with the relative link is the tricky one:

      - javascript:openSite
      ('/corporate/buy/emea/deu/jump/cons/centrino_m/toshiba_de.htm');

      this URL has to be completed to http://www.intel.com/corporate/...
      etc., but how can this be done?

      this is where WebQA and such programs get lost, they don't know if
      the relative URL should be added to the domain name (www.intel.com)
      or to the page the link is found on. how can this be done?

      i would say -- again -- exceptions prove the rule, and adding them
      to the domain name catches most of the instances. pls. advise.

      btw, does your regex also catch the 'URL?xxxx' varieties?

      frank

      ('http://www.gartner.com/reprints/intel/110673.html');";

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 18, 2010
        Did anyone try to run Xenu with Sandboxie? Does it work? I'm thinking
        about mentioning it on my web page so that paranoid people can use Xenu
        too :)