Re: [xenu-usergroup] Web subfolder that is not scanned

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
      On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:08:48 -0400, Marisa Ciceran wrote:

      >I have done that, but must be missing something..
      >

      >However all this isn't even needed, because a scan to
      >http://istrianet.org/
      >does reach
      >http://istrianet.org/istria/linguistics/istrorumeno/ anyway, i.e.
      >without the "include".
      > I appreciate your response, but I am still confused.
      >

      >What I would like to do is use XENU on the individual subfolder just named, just as I am able to do on all the other subfolders on my site. Yes, the scan reaches the folder, but unlike other folders which give a complete report, it reads only 7 out of 71 files in that folder and ignores all its subfolders even when I use the "include" feature. I know there is something I must am doing wrong here. I have used the "include" feature in all the scenarios I previously mentioned and it makes no difference in the results. Do you have any other suggestions?

      If you scan http://istro-romanian.com/ then it will check only URLs that
      starts with http://istro-romanian.com/ , not URLs that start with
      http://istrianet.org/ , or http://www.xenu.net or whatever. Unless you
      include http://istrianet.org/ so that it gets checked as well.

      Anyway, the truth is that you don't have a problem at all. Just scan
      http://istrianet.org/ and it checks all your stuff including
      http://istrianet.org/istria/linguistics/istrorumeno/ .

      That http://istro-romanian.com has only 7 links is sortof true, because
      the links all go to an external site.

      Tilman
    • Marisa Ciceran
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
        Hi Tilman,

        Tilman Hausherr wrote:
[...]

        I solved my problem by using internal links instead of external ones on that folder's index page!

        Thanks for your clues, :-)

        Marisa

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional