Re: [xenu-usergroup] Web subfolder that is not scanned

  • Marisa Ciceran
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
      Hi Tilman,

      Tilman Hausherr wrote:
      http://istrianet.org/
      links to
      http://istro-romanian.com/index.html
      which is NOT a redirection, but an ordinary page, and it links back to
      the main domain.
      By redirection, I mean that when I type "http://istro-romanian.com" in the command line, it redirects to the folder "http://istrianet.org/istria/linguistics/istrorumeno/"
      However
      http://istro-romanian.com/index.html
      is not downloaded, only checked for existance if you do #1. Solution:
      "include" http://istro-romanian.com in scan #1.

      I have done that, but must be missing something..
      However all this isn't even needed, because a scan to
      http://istrianet.org/
      does reach
      http://istrianet.org/istria/linguistics/istrorumeno/ anyway, i.e.
      without the "include".

      I appreciate your response, but I am still confused.

      What I would like to do is use XENU on the individual subfolder just named, just as I am able to do on all the other subfolders on my site. Yes, the scan reaches the folder, but unlike other folders which give a complete report, it reads only 7 out of 71 files in that folder and ignores all its subfolders even when I use the "include" feature.  I know there is something I must am doing wrong here. I have used the "include" feature in all the scenarios I previously mentioned and it makes no difference in the results. Do you have any other suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Marisa

      Tilman

      On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:24:56 -0400, Marisa Ciceran wrote:

      Sorry, I meant to say that scanning # 3 gives the same results as # 2.

      Marisa Ciceran wrote:

      Hi,

      You may have covered this topic already and I apologize to everyone if
      so. I've been using XENU for years and am very appreciative of what it does.

      Last year, I created a "redirection" of one of my domains to a subfolder
      of my main domain, thinking that this would not affect the XENU link
      program. I've just discovered that it does the following (I will use the
      real URLs)

      Main domain (#1): http://istrianet.org/
      Secondary domain (#2): http://istro-romanian.com/  - this is redirected
      to http://istrianet.org/istria/linguistics/istrorumeno/ (#3) which has a
      number of subfolders

      If I try to do a XENU scan of  #1, I do not know if it checks the
      folders that are linked to either the existing or redirected path of # 2..

      If check on # 2, the XENU report tells me that only 7 files out of the
      71 in that folder have been scanned, and none of the subfolders are
      scanned at all.

      If check # 3, I get the same results as with # 1.  I have also tried
      using the "treat as internal" feature with no difference in any results.
      However, If I do a XENU check of the individual subfolders of #3, then
      there XENU gives the correct results for each scan, but that does not
      solve the problem. domain scan.

      Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to correct this problem? I am
      not technically trained so cannot do any sort of scriipting on my own.

      Thanks,

      Marisa

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:xenu-usergroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:xenu-usergroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
        On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 16:08:48 -0400, Marisa Ciceran wrote:

        >I have done that, but must be missing something..
        >

        >However all this isn't even needed, because a scan to
        >http://istrianet.org/
        >does reach
        >http://istrianet.org/istria/linguistics/istrorumeno/ anyway, i.e.
        >without the "include".
        > I appreciate your response, but I am still confused.
        >

        >What I would like to do is use XENU on the individual subfolder just named, just as I am able to do on all the other subfolders on my site. Yes, the scan reaches the folder, but unlike other folders which give a complete report, it reads only 7 out of 71 files in that folder and ignores all its subfolders even when I use the "include" feature. I know there is something I must am doing wrong here. I have used the "include" feature in all the scenarios I previously mentioned and it makes no difference in the results. Do you have any other suggestions?

        If you scan http://istro-romanian.com/ then it will check only URLs that
        starts with http://istro-romanian.com/ , not URLs that start with
        http://istrianet.org/ , or http://www.xenu.net or whatever. Unless you
        include http://istrianet.org/ so that it gets checked as well.

        Anyway, the truth is that you don't have a problem at all. Just scan
        http://istrianet.org/ and it checks all your stuff including
        http://istrianet.org/istria/linguistics/istrorumeno/ .

        That http://istro-romanian.com has only 7 links is sortof true, because
        the links all go to an external site.

        Tilman
      • Marisa Ciceran
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2008
          Hi Tilman,

          Tilman Hausherr wrote:
[...]

          I solved my problem by using internal links instead of external ones on that folder's index page!

          Thanks for your clues, :-)