Re: [xenu-usergroup] internal named links (href="#target") not checked?

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 27, 2008
      These are checked, but only at reporting time. Thus, look at the report
      :-)

      (If it isn't found there, send me the URL)

      Tilman

      On Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:47:38 +0200, Jan Hendrik wrote:

      >Hi group,
      >
      >I have used Xenu since years and thought I could rely on it, but
      >accidentally link checking a single page in Homesite editor
      >yesterday I found that the target (<a name="top">) for an internal
      >link (href="#top") was missing, and missing in all pages of the site.
      > Yet checking again with Xenu 1.2j everything is reported as fine
      >while it is not.
      >
      >Is this intentional and documented someplace or a bug or just not
      >supported or deprecated by some self-declared web authority?
      >Searching the web for "xenu linksleuth named anchor" has not
      >brought any enlightenment.
      >
      >I hope I don't have to check 15K files one by one in Homesite!
      >
      >TIA,
      >
      >Sean

    • Jan Hendrik
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2008
        Concerning Re: [xenu-usergroup] internal named
        Tilman Hausherr wrote on 27 Sep 2008, 15:51, at least in part:

        > These are checked, but only at reporting time. Thus, look at the
        > report :-)

        Indeed! I had a feeling I had seen these reported in the past, yet
        the current version is not that new that I would have expected
        something having been lost recently. I barely ever load the report
        anymore for a) it takes an awful lot of time to load, even without
        sitemap, and b) I don't like it to run and connect IE to the web
        when I always use Opera for web connections. I suppose it is not
        hardcoded, but using the default browser. Making Opera the
        default in the past had raised issues with Windows, maybe that
        would not be true any longer.

        Anyway, thanks for pointing me to the right thing, glad the
        checking is still there.

        Jan Hendrik
        Freedom quote:

        Only our individual faith in freedom can keep us free.
        -- Dwight D. Eisenhower