Re: [xenu-usergroup] updating list of broken links after a report

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
      On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:52:27 -0000, xamaxdc wrote:

      >Maybe I am doing this wrong,
      >but after I generate a report using Xenu (1.2J) - I fix a bunch of
      >the broken links, and then select "retry broken links" from the menu
      >pulldown (Ctrl-R).
      >
      >Xenu doesn't remove the links that I just fixed from the list.
      >I have to do a complete rescan of the entire site again.

      Yes, a rescan from scratch.

      >is Xenu rescanning a cached copy of the broken link pags ?

      No

      >why would the list not shrink to remove the links I've fixed ?

      Because it's not enough to do CTRL-R. That is only useful if broken
      links are due to a network problem or a broken host.

      Tilman

      >thanks
      >Michael
      >Westat

    • tarastockford
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2008
        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "xamaxdc"
        <MichaelCharbonneau@...> wrote:

        > Maybe I am doing this wrong,
        > but after I generate a report using Xenu (1.2J) - I fix a bunch of
        > the broken links, and then select "retry broken links" from the menu
        > pulldown (Ctrl-R).
        >
        > Xenu doesn't remove the links that I just fixed from the list.
        > I have to do a complete rescan of the entire site again.

        Hi Michael

        When you use 'retry broken links' it only retries the actual URLs that
        were broken; it doesn't recheck the original page that contained the
        broken link.

        Tara